I'm scared about the future of Nintendo

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the hell are you talking about sir OP??
nintendo has not released any game of boobs and butts... and why would they?? how is it a "trends" exactly???
the top selling games of 2017 were:
  1. Call of Duty: WWII
  2. NBA 2K18
  3. Destiny 2^
  4. Madden NFL 18
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild**
  6. Grand Theft Auto V
  7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  8. Star Wars: Battlefront II 2017^
  9. Super Mario Odyssey**
  10. Mario Kart 8**

according to https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/01/19/the-best-selling-video-games-of-2017/

i can't see a single game about bobs and butts anywhere...
are you talking about anime games by the chance??
as far as i knows, those games are far form being popular at all, even less what sells for litle boys... If galgun 2 on the switch sold more than 50000 copies i would be very surprised...

Fire Emblem Main Titles (since Awakening and definitely fates)
Hyrule Warriors & Fire Emblem Warriors ( Kinda not just Nintendo but still with their approval.)
Xenoblade 2 (A lot of that is boobs and butts) Shower scene, full on main character designs, and this shit
and ARMS. When the big N releases a trailer like this.]

Edit: removed the videos I posted because they covered the page. You get the point.

Last edited by FierceDeityLinkMask,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Hyrule Warriors & Fire Emblem Warriors ( Kinda not just Nintendo but still with their approval.)
Xenoblade 2 (A lot of that is boobs and butts) Shower scene, full on main character designs, and this shit

Edit: removed the videos I posted because they covered the page. You get the point.
Can't forget about Zero Suit Samus

Reactions: FierceDeityLinkMask

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States

So, three games that Nintendo didn't even develop (being the Warriors games and Xenoblade 2), Fire Emblem, and ARMS?
I'm not going to argue about it, but that's certainly a small, small minority of their games. Not to mention Fire Emblem arguably appeals to an older demographic in general, it's not much of a game for "little boys" and most small children I've known would be bored to death playing something like it. SG854 brings up a better point with Zero Suit Samus, but she's always been the way she is, it's not changed because of some trend. Most Metroid games are not for kids either, if that's still a point to be made.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country

TIL that Musou fighters and JRPGs are the epitome of "PROFIT GAMES". Guess I know nothing about the gaming industry.

Also learnt that apparently, "little boys" do not play CoD and Fifa, but rather FE Warriors and Xenoblade 2..

Last edited by Shadowfied,

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TIL that Musou fighters and JRPGs are the epitome of "PROFIT GAMES". Guess I know nothing about the gaming industry.
I thought we were talking about Nintendo Switch games that sold well, or at least that gained popularity. Shows what I know. "Also, Hyrule Warriors & Fire Emblem Warriors ( Kinda not just Nintendo but still with their approval.)"
Not to mention that main line fire emblem titles (especially recently) are not made with an older audience in mind. Any series vet will wish for that to be the case and they wouldn't be complaining about it. Fire emblem is for young teens and for adults that wish they were teens again.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought we were talking about Nintendo Switch games that sold well, or at least that gained popularity. Shows what I know. "Also, Hyrule Warriors & Fire Emblem Warriors ( Kinda not just Nintendo but still with their approval.)"
Not to mention that main line fire emblem titles (especially recently) are not made with an older audience in mind. Any series vet will wish for that to be the case and they wouldn't be complaining about it. Fire emblem is for young teens and for adults that wish they were teens again.
The entire point of the thread, is that OP is worried that they are going down the "for profit" road, which OP somehow ties into "boobs and butt" in gaming.

Fanservice games have never been related to top charts and high profits because of fanservice alone.

If they just want profit, they'd be gutting their franchises and just sell on names, make a new half assed Metroid, a new half assed Animal Crossing, a new half assed Star Fox, etc. I don't see them doing that yet so I can't see that they are being corrupted by greed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Fire emblem is for young teens and for adults that wish they were teens again.
What in the actual fuck are you fucking smoking

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The entire point of the thread, is that OP is worried that they are going down the "for profit" road, which OP somehow ties into "boobs and butt" in gaming.

Fanservice games have never been related to top charts and high profits because of fanservice alone.

If they just want profit, they'd be gutting their franchises and just sell on names, make a new half assed Metroid, a new half assed Animal Crossing, a new half assed Star Fox, etc. I don't see them doing that yet so I can't see that they are being corrupted by greed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't fully agree with the OP actually. Notice the point I was responding too in the first place before you responded to me in defense mode. MY entire point is different from OP in that I don't think this is a sign of Nintendo's "greed" or that they will only do fanservice games from here on out.
and Yes Fire Emblem like nearly every Nintendo game is not made with Adults in mind. Sorry if that also offends you. Games made on the Nintendo platform exclusively are made for at MOST for kids - teens while still providing fun for adults and little kids depending on the game.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I don't fully agree with the OP actually. Notice the point I was responding too in the first place before you responded to me in defense mode. MY entire point is different from OP in that I don't think this is a sign of Nintendo's "greed" or that they will only do fanservice games from here on out.

and Yes Fire Emblem like nearly every Nintendo game is not made with Adults in mind. Sorry if that also offends you. Games made on the Nintendo platform exclusively are made for at MOST for kids - teens while still providing fun for adults and little kids depending on the game.
They really streamlined the new Fire Emblem games to make them easier and more accessible.

Reactions: FierceDeityLinkMask

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Clearly you don't know what gaming is about.

I've barely ever played Fire Emblem, but I'd never even pretend that its' fans are "adults who wish to be teens again".

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They really streamlined the new Fire Emblem games to make them easier and more accessible.
Thank You. Awakening/Fates were extremely streamlined (not a terrible thing imo) for a newer crowd.
Clearly you don't know what gaming is about.

I've barely ever played Fire Emblem, but I'd never even pretend that its' fans are "adults who wish to be teens again".
I have played fire emblem and it seems you can't take a slight joke. Perhaps that's the fault of this medium with which we talk without expressing our voices. Fire Emblem can be enjoyed by adults, I am proof of that. I enjoy fire emblem. Fire emblem can be enjoyed by children, my nephew is proof of that as well.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
. Perhaps that's the fault of this medium with which we talk without expressing our voices.
Actually I'm gonna have to blame you for writing something extremely stupid, then keep going at it for multiple posts, only to realize how stupid it was, then pretend it was a joke.

Hit me with a joke any time, but make it a joke.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kirby is UNISEX, 100% confirmed!

In the manual for Dream Land it says he is a boy. In superstar deluxe he is called a jolly fellow at one point in the game and in an episode of the anime he is called a baby boy. So he is a boy lol.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
In the manual for Dream Land it says he is a boy. In superstar deluxe he is called a jolly fellow at one point in the game and in an episode of the anime he is called a baby boy. So he is a boy lol.
It's always been a Game Theory thing to selectively ignore facts and evidence so that they can make a stupid clickbait video.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c