I'm really feeling stupid to ask, but...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by skawo96, Jan 27, 2009.

Jan 27, 2009
  1. skawo96
    OP

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Okay, I wasn't following the Wii scene for about a month and things got confusing.
    First, I don't know what the hell am I susposed to install to make the Wii "fresh"

I already know about 002 error, and it seems that I need to install IOS55. Right?
    What does "Mii Channel Updater" exactly do (I know that it updates Mii Channel, but what benefits does this give?)

What else would you recommend me to install (+links to apps if someone would be kind enough) [​IMG]
    BTW, I don't use Backup Launching.

Sorry to ask [​IMG] . I really tried reading some of the threads, but I don't understand quite a lot of stuff now. [​IMG] You can flame me if you want [​IMG]

Does the name of the thread even make sense? [​IMG]

2. buby78

Member buby78 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    one of the things that i recommend is riiskimod. it lets you play your backups(1.1) from the disk channel and it got preloader in it soit protect you from bricking.

3. skawo96
    OP

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    / I have modchip.

Bricking is not an issue for me, really.

4. sess

Member sess GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Mii Channel Update allows you to use a USB Keyboard on Mii Channel. Stupid, ain't it now? Lol.

Preloader has a hack list similar to Starfall's, but you can add your own hacks to a list. It's not just a brick protection, you can also disable the System Menu BGM, move the Disc Channel around, etc.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    You had to say that you have a modchip in the 1st post!

You can choose from at least 2 different methods to launch your games if you want to stay at a old firmware for homebrew:
    1. Get starfall with update block patches and install the IOS files manually. Play your games then as regular from the disc channel
    2. Get Gecko OS with 002 fix or SoftChip, and launch your games with it