Hacking I'm ready to throw my Wii against the wall! Help!

ShortFuse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so about a month or two ago, I was trying to get usb loader to work and all those IOS modifications and it worked. It got NeoGamma working for Brawl+ and I got USB Loader working great. I don't know how, but maybe it was coincidence, but as I got it to work, my DVD drive no longer reads. I tried uninstalling DVDX and that didn't fix it. The Wii System Menu doesn't read it and neither does NeoGamma. I'll talking about original discs here.

So, whatever, I got used to it. I have a 2.5" SATA drive over a USB enclosure and I partitioned it as WBFS and everything was fine. About a few weeks ago, the Wii wouldn't read it. No application, (Configurable, WiiLoad, NeoGamma) reads the hard drive. Windows reads it just fine, no problems. I then tested it with a microSD to USB converter I had, partition into FAT32 and the USB port read my 16gb microSD fine. I figured it must have been the partition on the SATA drive. I formatted that as NTFS and tried it. Configurable still times out. I tried another drive. Same issue. I tried using external power for the SATA drive. Still nothing.

The port's fine because it reads the 16gb microSD. Am I going crazy? If I can get one of the two working (drive tray or full-size USB drives) I'll be happy.

Help?

PS: I have a Cyclowiz installed from way back when it came out.

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What guide did you use to softmod the wii? It had to be old cause I dont think any guide has you install dvd-x anymore.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
If you throw it, it will be just another brick in the wall....

But seriously, I think some IOS / cIOS or whatever got corrupted somehow. If you can, as you say, read the SD card, then the problem is reading signed stuff, or actual apps (like games).
Do you have a nand backup? It could be usefull now...

ShortFuse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drive clicks. I think my DVD broke when I installed bootMii and DVD-X (same installer) so no NAND. That's an old issue. I think it was when bootMii first came out. I was running 3.2 and today did the WAD upgrades to 4.1 with ModMii. Still nothing. I tried NANDClean. Didn't fix it (though it did find a resident DVDX file)

I don't get why it can't read any of my SATA drives. (I have two USB/SATA adapters). It reads the microSD fine. It's weird because I had friends over and it's like: Let's play Brawl+!!! I boot up my for the first time in weeks. I plug in the drive and............ nothing.

I'm trying to get Brawl to fit on my microSD but Homebrew Channel won't read my apps microSD(HC) when it's in the SD slot. (BootMii can though). So weird.

PS: I'm not a total noob. I've written Windows DS utilities and privately wrote some GCM ISO manipulation programs. I've done some Wii coding as well with devKitPro. I've just been so out of the Wii scene for so long (DKCR brought me back)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ShortFuse said:
The drive clicks. I think my DVD broke when I installed bootMii and DVD-X (same installer) so no NAND. That's an old issue. I think it was when bootMii first came out. I was running 3.2 and today did the WAD upgrades to 4.1 with ModMii. Still nothing. I tried NANDClean. Didn't fix it (though it did find a resident DVDX file)

I don't get why it can't read any of my SATA drives. (I have two USB/SATA adapters). It reads the microSD fine. It's weird because I had friends over and it's like: Let's play Brawl+!!! I boot up my for the first time in weeks. I plug in the drive and............ nothing.

I'm trying to get Brawl to fit on my microSD but Homebrew Channel won't read my apps microSD(HC) when it's in the SD slot. (BootMii can though). So weird.

PS: I'm not a total noob. I've written Windows DS utilities and privately wrote some GCM ISO manipulation programs. I've done some Wii coding as well with devKitPro. I've just been so out of the Wii scene for so long (DKCR brought me back)
Try installing IOS58 and reinstalling or updating HBC, that might make it able to read the SDHC as well.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
have u tried unplugging and plugging the hard drive back in? I know it sounds simple, but that happens to me all the time with my 32GB thumb drive. Try plugging it in before start up or at the main SM.
This! Unplugg and plug the power thing back in, it works for me...

Zod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I had the same problem after upgrading all of my cios in order to make COD BO work.. But fortunatelly i had 2 hdd and one of them still work... The problem i think that is one of cios because of usb compatibility. Just try with other hdd, and see if it works.. Mine(the one which is not working on wii anymore is A-data 500 Gb ch91). I simply bought another hdd(WD elements 1Tb) moved all the games on it and now it is ok for me.

Edit: Try switching hdd between you and your friend and see if it work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over