CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree! I played a lot of games for the story, even when the gameplay self was horrible. One of the games I really liked was Lux-Pain, the story is really good, but there are too many grammar mistakes and such.

The stories are the reason I like Ace Attorney too!

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Best example for Story but not-as-excellent controls and gameplay would be silent hill 2

Granted, this belongs to general gaming area - But that has the story what really redeems to HOLY SLOWPOKE rating winning attacking and well... mostly that, since otherwise it redeems it all.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I enjoy a good story in a game. A good story can save what is an otherwise average game.

One of my pet hates (and there are many) is people who complain about that cutscenes cannot be skipped in a game that only came out the day before, that is to say a game that they certainly have not played before.

Another one is people who play Japanese RPG's with no knowledge of the language. I mean what's the point? An RPG is nothing more than a big story with the occasional fight. Taking away the story aspect reduces it to trial and error button pressing.

Rant over.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love story wayyyy over gameplay

I loved luminous arc (playing the second one @__@) the world ends with you (who didn't -_-), The FFseries, chrono triger and more

I play all these games only for story

That's why I f*cking love Phoenix Wright xD

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
Phoenix wright,ace attorney investigations have AMAZING stories,its to epic!
yay.gif

jmido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I have to go with gameplay over the story. I like a good story as much as anyone else but unless the game is actually fun and has good gameplay, I won't make it through the story.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Personally: No compelling story = I stop playing within one hour. Oh so many games I will never play again due to that.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameplay is important in multiplayer tough....

You can't have fun on multiplayer if you can't play it right....

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay, so I'm not the only one.
unsure.gif
I play games mostly for the story. Some I don't, but most, I do. Guess that's the reader in me. Now if only the writer in me would stop being a lazyass...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, for me story isn't all that important. Maybe this is why I don't care for RPG's too much anymore......they ramble on and on about nothing too much. I just want to get on with the action. Just tell me where I have to go and what I have to do and let me go do it. That's all the "story" I need. Don't have endless text bubbles telling me about useless stuff that means nothing to my quest. I never remember all those trivial details anyway and it all comes down to being nothing more than unnecessary filler to waste my time reading and artificially inflates game time, IMO.

If I want a story, I'll read a book.

But then again, most of my favorite games have a story that only took up about a paragraph, if they bother with a story at all.

abrack08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love story also. It's why I like Final Fantasy, Ace Attorney series, Kingdom Hearts series, Metal Gear Solid series, etc.

I also love sports games (Madden, NCAA Football, MLB The Show), but obviously not for the story...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night