Hacking I'm not sure what I should do in my position (Gamecube backups hel

brandon199019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically, I modded my Wii about 2 years ago. TP hack, the million different ios and .wads needed at the time, etc. However now I've found a Gamecube controller, and wanted to get into playing some Gamecube backups.

I've installed v4, v5, and v8 of the mios patch, and tried two different copies of two different games (Starfox Adventures and Super Mario Sunshine) and with each one, all they do is sit there in the disc tray spinning around madly without stop (I have to actually disconnect the power - it doesn't stop trying to read the discs and makes this clicking noise).

The only thing I can think of why it isn't working is that I could possibly still have some old (cusom/)ios' in there perhaps?

What would you guys recommend for me to do?

I was wondering if there was a way to completely flash my Wii drive to factory default settings and start fresh, but would that do any help?

Thanks for anyone willing to help!
---
Sig so my post doesn't look weird

brandon199019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
longtom1 said:
use MIOS patcher and use v8 and remember to press X on the gamecube pad to enable backup launcher support and install
That I did do.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm just not sure what else there is to do. (I'm still on Firmware 3.2 LOL)
---
Sig

brandon199019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
brandon199019 said:
1. Don't make a fake sig.
2. I don't recommend that unless you don't want any more mods (it's difficult to mod a virgin 4.2 Wii).
3. Did you install a custom BC?
4. Try the BC and mIOS of cIOScorp 3.5.
I'm sorry for my ignorance of this, but what is a BC and cIOScorp?
None of this existed when I originally modded my Wii =/

brandon199019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dai-a said:
This is so simple. Just follow the virgin guide. Then follow the modify any wii guide on top. It takes about 10 minutes
But will doing a clean install limit me from doing anything in terms of modding?
(Keep in mind all I do are WiiWare/VC and Wii/GCN backups)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
brandon199019 said:
YayMii said:
brandon199019 said:
2. I don't recommend that unless you don't want any more mods (it's difficult to mod a virgin 4.2 Wii).
...GameCube games will not play unless you have BC, even if it's an original game. BC is like a type of IOS (it installs the same way, but all it does is supplement mIOS)
BC existed since the Wii came out.

And cIOScorp is a package of custom IOS files that let you play backups using the disc channel (but the newest version includes custom GameCube files).
cIOScorp came out last year.

brandon199019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
brandon199019 said:
YayMii said:
brandon199019 said:
...GameCube games will not play unless you have BC, even if it's an original game. BC is like a type of IOS (it installs the same way, but all it does is supplement mIOS)
BC existed since the Wii came out.

And cIOScorp is a package of custom IOS files that let you play backups using the disc channel (but the newest version includes custom GameCube files).
cIOScorp came out last year.

I've read up on cIOScorp and am downloading it now, just one last question: BC and the mIOS are included in the package/installer, correct? All I will need is the cIOScorp?

brandon199019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I've read up on cIOScorp and am downloading it now, just one last question: BC and the mIOS are included in the package/installer, correct? All I will need is the cIOScorp?

Disregard that, figured it out (well, read the Readme file >_>)

Will post on whether it works, thanks for the advice!

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
brandon199019 said:
Worked like a charm!

Thank you very very much!
No prob
tongue.gif

(hehe, I was right
smileipb2.png
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I may take a shower to remove all the sunburns in my body