I'm not sure, but i think i just had an epitony for mods! THE BROWSER!

AnigamerWasTaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THE
BROWSER.

I don't know if this is obvious, but if you take a look on previous systems, basic homebrew (or even CFW) was achieved with a browser based payload. Take the Wii U for example. The easiest way (other than haxchii) was to go on the browser, type in a link, and click a button. It would load the payload, and you have the HB menu.

"But, there's no full browser on switch.."

OBJECTION!

It's been a while since it was found, however, there was a way to access a google chrome page by changing your DNS settings. While the browser may be simple, it might just have enough privilege to do an exploit. Also, i'm not sure where the post is, but there is someone with a "0 day webkit exploit" or something similiar. I'm more of a user than a developer, but i'm pretty sure that means we get elevated abilities. That and a few more exploits could possibly grant us another entrypoint!

I'm being very optimistic, yes, but from my perspective, everything seems to fit together.

If this turns out to be nothing, sorry for the hype.

AnigamerWasTaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason why i mention it is because whenever i hear any of the "we've checked everywhere, sorry m8" posts always talk about the kernel. However, i never hear anyone talk about any of the software, such as built in apps or any games.

AnigamerWasTaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the wastepost, the combination of the accessible browser, the exploit, the browser's history as a weakpoint, and the fact that as far as i know, no one mentioned it, just seemed like the perfect concoction.

AnigamerWasTaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there is a browser in a game. But I don't think it's used for anything.
I'm referring to the DNS domain that allows you to access google by acting like google's the internet's sign up page or something like that, not the browser that shows up in games (though, that could be used too).

Arilys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry for the wastepost, the combination of the accessible browser, the exploit, the browser's history as a weakpoint, and the fact that as far as i know, no one mentioned it, just seemed like the perfect concoction.
It has been mentioned, here's the post:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/mariko-...bout-hacking-these.583374/page-3#post-9384243

Basically there IS a browser exploit of some kind, but some other things that are needed are still missing. It might happen if someone somehow discovers some of the other important stuff needed, but that's looking pretty unlikely so far.

Unless the Switch OLED can't be hacked with the current modchips and that makes more devs want to find some software solution. Still pretty unlikely though, considering that SciresM already spent over 500 hours trying to find something and had no luck.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It has been mentioned, here's the post:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/mariko-...bout-hacking-these.583374/page-3#post-9384243

Basically there IS a browser exploit of some kind, but some other things that are needed are still missing. It might happen if someone somehow discovers some of the other important stuff needed, but that's looking pretty unlikely so far.

Unless the Switch OLED can't be hacked with the current modchips and that makes more devs want to find some software solution. Still pretty unlikely though, considering that SciresM already spent over 500 hours trying to find something and had no luck.
Most likely something will show up. But I suspect it will happen at the EOL for it.

Arilys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Most likely something will show up. But I suspect it will happen at the EOL for it.
Oh definitely lol. I'm not like the people that go "Mariko/Lite/OLED will never ever have exploits", I just meant that it's unlikely that one will be found/revealed right now since Nintendo breathing so hard down the Switch's neck to fix them if they pop up.

remiferia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I think the browser has been found and analyzed by the scene in the first week of switch launch... And if I recall correctly, you also need at least one kernel exploit in additional to the browser exploit to utilities it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool