Hacking I'm not really joking but what can I do with my wii

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2tb is most common cause 4tb + fat 32 drives that work are hard to find. My new 4tbs will not format for wii. My old WD 4tb works on wii.

Must be lucky then as the 4tb I bought for my Wii worked without issue and just for thrills I tested out the other 4tb drives I have that are fat32 formatted, 2 Seagate and 2 WD, all bought at differing times and all mains powered. These all worked without issue. Also tried a portable 4tb with a "Y" usb cable and that also worked.
If either of my 8tb were fat32 id try them to just for shits, but I would be surprised if they worked properly.

All my drives were bought from mainstream high street retailers so are nothing special.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks guys I'll look into it... I have to look into a HDMI converter for the wii also
Thanks for all the suggestions I will look into it I'll do some research. The newer style TV's are not supporting vga anymore I just wish I can drag and drop the games like I can do with Dolphin.
I have 4 of those HDMI adapters for the Wii, and can't see any difference with component cables. Working great, even after three or four years. Really, don't bother go out of your way to improve the image quality of a dead, sub-hd system. Modding HDMI on one of these systems is money better spent elsewhere.

If you really want to, get one of these or these upscalers/converters whatever people call them and you have a usable system to last quite a while. Good thing about these is that you can use them with other systems if you have a retro console lying around.

See if your HDTV has component inputs before going out and buy something you won't need.

Reactions: Goku1992A

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Both of those converters linked above will give a mediocre picture as will every cheapo generic upscaler. If you're serious about getting the best picture you can from your Wii and flatscreen tv then you want either an OSSC or a Retrotink 5X. Both of those will give you a nice crisp picture possibly the best you will ever see from a wii. i use an OSSC myself for my retro consoles that don't natively output HDMI. Everything from an RGB modded NES to the Wii. Beware tho as chasing the very best picture from retro consoles is a rabbit hole that gets deeper and deeper and can get expensive...

I don't want to know how much i've spent on RGB mods and high end gaming Scart/Component cables from RGC for my various consoles... :)

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
See if your HDTV has component inputs before going out and buy something you won't need.
Until 4K came around, the HDMI standard required a TV to be able to accept component. (Kind of like how, pre-HDMI, EU law mandated that TVs support RGB over SCART)

Most TVs require some kind of adapter for the VGA port, or a splitter to plug into a single 3.5mm jack that accepts component. So don't assume that your TV isn't component compatible just because you don't see the right ports.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse