Hacking I'm not really joking but what can I do with my wii

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I had bought a wii a long time ago on ebay it was already modded but my problem was loading the games on it because unlike a PS3 you have to use like a loader to put the games on your external HD. My Wii isn't the BC one with the Gamecube model but I just have two simple questions. I had the wii for 2 years but I hardly play it because the difficulty of loading games on it.

Loading games on the Wii is like loading games on the PS2 it is a pain because the PS2 you have to use Winhip and I ended up just using the PS2 emulator because it was more of a simple way to play the PS2 games.

#1 Nintendont can my non BC wii play gamecube games or no
#2 Is there an easier way to load games to my wii because last time it was a pain and I ended up just using dolphin.

Last edited by Goku1992A,
Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I had bought a wii a long time ago on ebay it was already modded but my problem was loading the games on it because unlike a PS3 you have to use like a loader to put the games on your external HD. My Wii isn't the BC one with the Gamecube model but I just have two simple questions. I had the wii for 2 years but I hardly play it because the difficulty of loading games on it.

Loading games on the Wii is like loading games on the PS2 it is a pain because the PS2 you have to use Winhip and I ended up just using the PS2 emulator because it was more of a simple way to play the PS2 games.

#1 Nintendont can my non BC wii play gamecube games or no
#2 Is there an easier way to load games to my wii because last time it was a pain and I ended up just using dolphin.

#1 yes use a ps3 controller over USB
#2 Wii Backup Manager

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some tips for a pain-free experience. Note that some of the limitations below don't apply if you're an experienced user.

Hard drive:
Format to FAT32 with 32KB clusters
Don't use more than one partition.
Don't use a drive bigger than 1TB
Plug it into the bottom USB port only

Wii:
CFG USB Loader and USB Loader GX are probably the easiest to start with. WiiFlow can get complicated.
For GC games use Nintendont. As said, you can use other controllers via USB.

Reactions: HollowGrams

Vila_

Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain
Oh wow maybe I should sell my wii then

Edit: Maybe I worded wrong I do see some vga to hdmi adapters for cheaper on Amazon shouldn't that work?
If you mean something like the link below then yes it does work. The mod @Shadow#1 mentioned is for people who want to get the best quality out of their wii, personally I don’t really care about picture quality since I also barely use my wii, the adapter below is cheap, easy to use, and delivers a very decent picture quality for the price although it’s not the best build quality.
https://www.amazon.com/Oneme-Adapter-Nintendo-Converte-Supports/dp/B07NYPDG6K

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean something like the link below then yes it does work. The mod @Shadow#1 mentioned is for people who want to get the best quality out of their wii, personally I don’t really care about picture quality since I also barely use my wii, the adapter below is cheap, easy to use, and delivers a very decent picture quality for the price although it’s not the best build quality.
https://www.amazon.com/Oneme-Adapter-Nintendo-Converte-Supports/dp/B07NYPDG6K
And remember one rule with that adapter shit in shit out

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some tips for a pain-free experience. Note that some of the limitations below don't apply if you're an experienced user.

Hard drive:

Wii:
CFG USB Loader and USB Loader GX are probably the easiest to start with. WiiFlow can get complicated.

Why do you say this? I've been using a 4TB drive for a while now and used a 2TB for years before that...... Never had a drive related issue or any trouble loading games.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hard drive:

Wii:

2TB is max, not including old drives that allowed 4TB fat32 etc.

Reactions: jeannotte

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks guys I'll look into it... I have to look into a HDMI converter for the wii also
If you're thinking of something like the Wii2HDMI the quality is better than composite but worse than component, maybe roughly equivalent to s-video but you would get a far better picture by going with component cables if your TV supports it. Otherwise you have the RetroTink as a relatively affordable way to convert component (and other formats too) to HDMI. But it is several times the cost of a used Wii these days and might not makes sense if you only want it for the Wii especially as GC/Wii games look so much better in Dolphin Emulator in HD anyway, most of them seem like they were designed to run in HD just with more simplistic textures and shading than a more powerful console could do, but they don't look especially low resolution.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can it be anymore straight forward?

1.Format a drive to fat32
2.Copy files across using WBM
3.Profit
It should be that simple but in my experience (much more than two drives) it's not quite an exact science. Some enclosures are just easier to deal with than others. It's been discussed here before that certain manufacturers changed the drive controllers.

Also, consider that repartitioning or converting from GPT to MBR might be beyond some users' skill or effort level.

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the suggestions I will look into it I'll do some research. The newer style TV's are not supporting vga anymore I just wish I can drag and drop the games like I can do with Dolphin.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It should be that simple but in my experience (much more than two drives) it's not quite an exact science. Some enclosures are just easier to deal with than others. It's been discussed here before that certain manufacturers changed the drive controllers.

Also, consider that repartitioning or converting from GPT to MBR might be beyond some users' skill or effort level.

I've never had any issues with a drive not working, never had to convert a partition either.... Just format to Fat32 and thats it. Back in the day i used to set up homebrewed Wiis for my family and the drives they sent me varied in size and vendor, never had an issue with any of them working either.

It seems to me that people are making things seem far more complicated than they actually are...

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That still doesn't make any sense. I am using a 4tb right now, only bought it late last year. Its FAT32 formatted and works perfectly...

Is there something i'm missing here??

2tb is most common cause 4tb + fat 32 drives that work are hard to find. My new 4tbs will not format for wii. My old WD 4tb works on wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I was also K3nv2's pubic hair fluffer "Zek Hiel"