QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello all my fellow Tempers, this is Gizmo_gal, just writing in to say sorry for the long, sudden hiatus and to explain my situation incase anyone is wondering.

Things have been hectic these past several months.

I was supposed to start classes at the community college in January of 2009 but I missed the deadline for all my paper work and so instead I went back to tech school. This time I'm in the Web Design class. I really love my new class--well, not ActionScript, but the rest of it has been pretty good. Its a self paced class that usually takes anywhere from 9-15 months to complete. I've been pushing myself to finish it by May 29th, because I start college this summer.

Since January 21st, 85% of the time that I spend online has been for school. I check my email and visit language learning sites. I've been trying hard to avoid sites about video games, movies and anime because those are all things that tend to take up all my attention and make it hard for my to concentrate. Actually, I've noticed that since taking this class, I rarely want to be on the internet when I'm home. I'm usually outside studying, in my room studying, working with my siblings who are studying or trying to get some doggone sleep.

Aprils been a really busy month and its starting to throw me off my school work rhythm . We had Spring Break during the first week of April, during which my aunt and baby cousin visited and it rained 5 out of 7 days, so I was trapped in a house with 5 toddlers, and it was a nightmare. There were toys and noise everywhere. The kids had both TV's and my aunt had the Laptop, I could neither eat in peace nor concentrate. I got soaked to the bones that thursday and haven't been well since. I missed monday (the first day of school) The week we went back to school, the weather was beautiful and I couldn't help but be furious that I had to be in class.

I've done about one weeks worth of work since April 10th and thats never going to fly. I'm pushing myself really hard right now and trying my best to focus do well in school but its so tempting to just take it easy and move at a normal pace. Anyway, today I couldn't stand it anymore. I broke down and came to GBATemp.net.

Its a releif to see that so many people are still here and active. I was worried that maybe the place was being taken over by spambots, newbies and trolls.

I really miss this place. May 30th, I'm hoping to break out all my consoles, clean them up, and spend 5 days glued to one screen or another either gaming or browsing the web.

P.S.
moogle.gif

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Gizmo!

Yeah, Toni is still around as a moderator.(and a very bad one at that matter)...just don't him i said that.

and Narin,can barely be found anymore.....well besides the Cheat Database thread...he updates every once in a while.

As for me serious matters have taken over me, and i post once, twice a week.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to see you again, Giz!
I'm glad to hear you're doing well, if not feeling well.

Toni's still kicking ass and taking names.
Narin's still around, just not quite as active as he was a few months ago.

Hope you can find more time to hang out with us.

Be well!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
GG! It's good to hear you're still alive and kicking! We miss you around here. Glad to see your time away has been spent productively though, hope everything you're doing goes well and we all look forward to you returning to us.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Banned for returning to GBAtemp, if only for a little while
happy.gif

Edit: That applies to you too TrolleyDave
tongue.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
So Gizzy you finally decided to show your face again after leaving us hanging in the know your tempers thread?
frown.gif

I forgive you though!
smile.gif

moozxy said:
I killed real moozxy and took over his account.

We all know this, and in fact dont care!
yaypsp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1