Gaming I'm not enjoying pokemon y :(

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just sell it to me name your price anything reasonable there's no point in letting a good system & game collect dust.

I haven't played it yet. The issues people were reporting with frame rate drops from the new engine have turned me away entirely.

I'm waiting on Pokemon Z, with the additional features they should have included in the first set, as well as engine optimizations.

I think Pokemon Z might be on the Nintendo 4DS

D

Deleted User

thank Nintendo and Iwata!
they rushed this game like crazy, gamefreak barely managed to implement half of the new features they wanted to because of the tight schedule
the most important being a poké-translator and some plot points and side quests

it's painfully obvious how much they rushed this because they couldn't finish properly the programming on some pokemon making the game lag when they are sent into battle
I was hoping they'd release those thru updates but I guess that's too much for game freak :T
let's wait for Pokemon Z I guess

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why though? plenty more games on the 3DS than just Pokemon, if nothing in the library is to his liking he just sells the thing and admits it wasn't for him

when you take something out of the box and play it, the value goes down instantly. Theres no way he will get anywhere above even 60% of what he originally paid

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't understand why X/Y gets so much flack from gamers. For once the game actually shows that the developers put a lot of work into it, all of the Pokemon are beautifully rendered in 3D, a lot of stuff has been simplified, the game world looks gorgeous and the in-battle 3D looks really, really good.

People need to understand that the transition from the old and musty DS engine to the 3DS requires building everything from scratch - expecting anything more than what was delivered would be completely unreasonable. The assets used in the DS games were the effect of years upon years of work perfecting one base engine - the 3DS game is made from scratch. Future games on the engine will no doubt have more content, but this time around the focus was making the game fresh on the new platform.

I personally love it and after a long period of DS rehashes it's a welcome change to the series.

jmanup85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why X/Y gets so much flack from gamers. For once the game actually shows that the developers put a lot of work into it, all of the Pokemon are beautifully rendered in 3D, a lot of stuff has been simplified, the game world looks gorgeous and the in-battle 3D looks really, really good.

People need to understand that the transition from the old and musty DS engine to the 3DS requires building everything from scratch - expecting anything more than what was delivered would be completely unreasonable. The assets used in the DS games were the effect of years upon years of work perfecting one base engine - the 3DS game is made from scratch. Future games on the engine will no doubt have more content, but this time around the focus was making the game fresh on the new platform.

I personally love it and after a long period of DS rehashes it's a welcome change to the series.

To that point I don't remember how much content Diamond and Pearl had. But the end game stuff on this game is lackluster, still an awesome game though.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
To that point I don't remember how much content Diamond and Pearl had. But the end game stuff on this game is lackluster, still an awesome game though.
I disputed that on numerous occasions - Pokemon only ever had one kind of "End Game" and it consisted of competing the Pokedex, fighting the trainers you've missed, getting a couple collectibles, fighting with A.I trainers in whatever colosseum-like structure the game offered and playing multiplayer - X/Y have all that, I really don't see the problem.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never once experienced lag in Pokemon X and Y.

You guys are doing something wrong, or my eyes are permanently set at 60 fps.

Frame rate dips are quite common in battles (even with 3D turned off), they're plain to see. I don't think it detracts from the overall experience, though.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Framerate dips are noticable and a bit annoying, but overall the game's perfectly fine. It's the first game from the series of the 3DS so I'm cutting it some slack - next time around I'm expecting them to deliver more content and polishing the product. :)

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Nuff´said

I've never once experienced lag in Pokemon X and Y.

You guys are doing something wrong, or my eyes are permanently set at 60 fps.

that´s the PC master race Syndrome....

as for the game, i really enjoyed it, it´s the first ``legal`` pokemon game i´ve ever had :P.

Reactions: Black-Ice

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Maybe you're just saturated on Pokémon, like Depravo said. I loved the shit out of badly translated copies of Green and Yellow on emulators, before it was released in Europe.. then I bought Red. Bought Gold on day one as well... loved it just as much! Then came the GBA era, and it just died for me. I just can't get past the first Gym without falling asleep. It's all just... meh. The same all over again. It makes me sad :(

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you take something out of the box and play it, the value goes down instantly. Theres no way he will get anywhere above even 60% of what he originally paid

60%? what you smoking...you could easily make 30 dollars off Pokemon alone, as for the 3ds xl itself the cheapest you see them go second hand tends to be $150. Besides, as pointed out, there are more games than just Pokemon

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
60%? what you smoking...you could easily make 30 dollars off Pokemon alone, as for the 3ds xl itself the cheapest you see them go second hand tends to be $150. Besides, as pointed out, there are more games than just Pokemon

yeah I'll buy a used copy of pokemon Y which could be damaged for $30 when I could get a brand new copy for $35.
logic

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I'll buy a used copy of pokemon Y which could be damaged for $30 when I could get a brand new copy for $35.
logic

5 bucks saved is 5 bucks saved, besides if you buy most second hand goods through a store like ebay or amazon they tend to protect customers incase of damaged or wrong products

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokemon X and Y are overrated, people are blinded by the graphics update. Take away the 3D models and what do you get? A generic Pokemon game...

It's just like Miyamoto said about DKC: "Donkey Kong Country proves that players will put up with mediocre gameplay as long as the art is good."

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thank Nintendo and Iwata!
they rushed this game like crazy, gamefreak barely managed to implement half of the new features they wanted to because of the tight schedule
the most important being a poké-translator and some plot points and side quests

it's painfully obvious how much they rushed this because they couldn't finish properly the programming on some pokemon making the game lag when they are sent into battle
I was hoping they'd release those thru updates but I guess that's too much for game freak :T
let's wait for Pokemon Z I guess

who told you about all those supposed missing features that were planned?
the lag for some pokemon is literally just those that have a flying animation. moving wings = more complex model = more strain on the machine = laggy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.