I'm not a PC, I'm a mac...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by amemoryoncelost, Nov 15, 2007.

Nov 15, 2007
  1. amemoryoncelost
    OP

Member amemoryoncelost GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I'm a mac user. Been using the ds-x for the past year or so and have been able to play most games, but I'm starting to have issues and it's getting VERY annoying. So I'm thinking about picking up something new. But I need something that's basically drag and drop since, as far as I know, no cart has a mac interface/updater. I will have access to a winXP machine, but it's a pain in the ass and I'd only use it to update when needed.

So with that, any suggestions would be great. I'm in the US and would prefer to order from a US/Canadian store. http://www.modchipcentral.com/ seems legit, but am open to whatever.

thanks...

2. amemoryoncelost
    OP

United States
    By they way, looking at the R4, the new M3 and the cyclo. Seems like the cyclo and the M3 are kind of tough to track down at this point, while the R4 is everywhere. Anything to add?

3. vbsoccerdude94

Newcomer vbsoccerdude94 Advanced Member

United States
    R4DS all the way. It's totally drag and drop. There are no programs, you just drag the firmware files when you get it. (they come on the Cd.)

The M3 is the same thing. And the Cyclo is garbage IMO.

Also, I'd buy an R4 from gameyeeeah if you're interested =)

4. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    G6 Real, using it on Tiger. I use Rominator for management, though you don't really have to, it's nice to be organized. Also a nice piece of freeware called FinderCleaner will get the resource fork stuff off your card before you eject it (.ds_stores, and other invisibles that show up as double files on your DS menu.) I'm sure the R4 is nice, but my experience has always been with the superb G6 team.

5. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've owned a Cyclo and an R4, and the Cyclo was no question the better cart. The interface, in-game menu, SDHC compatibility, and the Cyclo team blows the R4 out of the water.

6. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    G6 FTW! though, I dont have a Mac, I do belive that u should didtch the DS-X... have u been to their forums or seen their team... [​IMG]

pitty... for the DS-X i mean

7. euphemism

Member euphemism GBAtemp Regular

United States
    CycloDS Evolution. It's amazing. Shipped new batch to resellers on Sunday, so they should be in stock soon. [​IMG]

8. amemoryoncelost
    OP

United States
    been on the forums for over a year now, not too happy with them, such a joke. I loved the cart, now it really is a joke.

I'm even more confused now, people talking about the G6 real, oh man. Maybe I'll wait a week or two and see if the cyclo is in stock at more shops.