Fluttercry

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not PlayStation Portable 2? Or Sony Portable 2?

Why on Earth did they choose an obscure name like Vita, when their consoles follow a tradition format or 1, 2, 3?

Its gross.

I'm rarely ever satisfied with the way these companies name their machines. I think they do this just to piss some people off. They know people have been using the term "PSP2" to anticipate the 2nd PSP, and yet they choose to go against what the majority has already been calling it.

Why not PSP2?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
They want to change the trend. and you can't do anything. it's their product. no whining can make them change the name if the want that name.

Fluttercry

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
They want to change the trend. and you can't do anything. it's their product. no whining can make them change the name if the want that name.
And? You're just pointing out the obvious. Its not like I'm so ignorant that I think my thoughts change anything. There can be a petition with 50k signatures ording Sony to fix it and it wont do anything.

I'm just sharing my disgust.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
At first I was "WTF" but I think its starting to grow on me
frown.gif

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reading the OP then looking at your avatar...
rofl2.gif

I couldn't agree more, but hey who cares about a name as terrible as Vita when there's something that sounds like "We yoo!" *pukes*
Who cares about the name though, let's wish for an amazing future in gaming.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Fluttercry said:
Narayan said:
And? You're just pointing out the obvious. Its not like I'm so ignorant that I think my thoughts change anything. There can be a petition with 50k signatures ording Sony to fix it and it wont do anything.

i'm just saying, don't whine too much... whining won't do you any good.

in our current society, those at the top control what happens. we at the bottom can only follow. if you want change, try to do it yourself, but it won't be easy.

deal with it.

Discord

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I love the name. Vita means Life, and it suits their intended goals with the system. But to me, it feels like it suits the entire handheld concept. Having the ability to game, anytime, anywhere, to game on the bus, or in your house, it's designed to be playable at any moment in your Life, it's awesome.

Fluttercry

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
Fluttercry said:
Narayan said:

i'm just saying, don't whine too much... whining won't do you any good.

in our current society, those at the top control what happens. we at the bottom can only follow. if you want change, try to do it yourself, but it won't be easy.

deal with it.
Whining? I am not whining! I am complaining. Do you want to hear whining?

This is whining: Ohhhh this harness is too tight! Its going to chafe! Can't you loosen it?! Ohhh it hurts! And its so rusty! Why didn't you clean it first?! Its going to leave a stain! and the wagon is getting heavy! Why do I have to pull it?!

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_(letter)

QUOTE said:
Beta (uppercase ?, lowercase ?, internal ?) is the second letter of the Greek alphabet. In high-quality print, the variant of the lowercase letter without a descender is used within a word: ?????? is printed ??????. The form ‹?› is very common in handwriting.

The name of the letter is pronounced /?be?t?/ (US) or /?bi?t?/ (UK)), and in Greek ???? [?vita].

In the system of Greek numerals Beta has a value of 2.
Vita = Beta = 2
PSVita = PSP2

That's my guess. I don't care how it sounds, as long as it's good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.