I'm new to Wii U hacks, I have some questions!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by WhyKlef, Jan 12, 2016.

1. WhyKlef
    OP

WhyKlef Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2006
    Canada
    Hey everyone,

So I just found out about this possibility and thankfully my Wii U was collecting dust so I was on 5.3.2 when I powered it back up! (yay!!)

Now, it's all set up and I've loaded Kernel Loadiine and Loadiine itself, I've booted titles using SSB or Mii Maker but I do have some questions. Is there another way, specifically more reliable, to run Loadiine weither through a custom firmware, a local hack vs. online injection. If so, please do share a URL if you happen to have one!

Also, is there a way to take the save from the console and make it compatible with backups? (eg. Super Mario 3D World save to be compatible with Captain Toad loaded in backup) Or simply to take a save already in the console and run that save in backup of the same title.

And last, I have the Update message everytime I power up, I've made everything so that the console doesn't update on itself so I'm not worried about that but that pop-up message is bothersome especially when cycling boots trying to get the attack to succeed, is there any way to rid the console of that?

Thanks in advance everyone! And also a BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU to the geniuses who worked hard on making all of this a possibility! ^. ^

2. oumoumad

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    1- what you saw in the tutorials and tips is as reliable as it can get for now. It's not Loadiin's fault, it's the kernel exploit that is not so reliable.
    2- Yes dump them using Saviine and then put them iun your sd card with the respected folder structure.
    3- I think there is an update nag remover with the available tools when you first open the link for the exploit.

I would encourage you to ask these questions inside other threads next time ;)

3. WhyKlef
    OP

WhyKlef Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2006
    Canada
    Thank you for the taking the time to answer!

I browsed a bit, to see if I could get some answers and while some did, not being specific to what I wanted to do I wasn't too sure but I could've probably dig more. Thanks a bunch and I'll keep that in mind going forward! Cheers! :)

4. oumoumad

oumoumad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2015
    France
    nothing wrong in asking questions, but it doesn't need to create a new thread, for example if you go to : https://gbatemp.net/threads/downloa...der-for-wiiu-5-3-2-only-no-5-4-no-5-5.398623/
    There are many people who are willing to answer your questions there without needing a new thread.