Gaming i'm new to the 360. what is the best mod chip to get?

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have had a Wii for a long time and i am familiar with the mod scene for that console. i am getting a 360 very soon and i am wondering are there mod chips out there that are significantly better than others? i want a chip that will allow me to play backups. i am fine with having to solder if the better chips require it. i use a Cyclowiz for the Wii and i love it but i can't seem to get any info on a 360 mod chip by the Cyclops Team. is there one? if not what are the good chips out there that have good team support?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No modchip. Just flash the drive
wink.gif

The 360 project from Team Cycplos is probably dead.

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just did some research on 360mods.com and this whole thing seems like 20 times more complicated than installing my Wii modchip. is it all as hard as it sounds?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
priapism said:
i just did some research on 360mods.com and this whole thing seems like 20 times more complicated than installing my Wii modchip. is it all as hard as it sounds?
No, it's pretty easy. The only downside is that you have to buy a specific PCI Sata card (the ones with the VIA 6421/A chipset), which by the way, are pretty cheap to find. After that, just follow the tutorial and you're set.

By the way, no current modchip is safe against Live-banning. The only safe method to play online using backups is the latest version of the iXtreme firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on