NULL

I'm making DS Case covers for GBA flash carts *need help*

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by thaddius, May 8, 2012.

1. jumpman1229

jumpman1229 SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

Mar 2, 2013
    United States
    Maryland
    thaddius I actually found a near perfect option.

For anyone else looking to do this at home on a Windows computer, I found that printing the cover in Windows Live Photo Gallery worked better than printing from Paint, GIMP, etc.

Uncheck the default option, Fit picture to frame. For best results, print on paper slightly thicker than regular copy paper. I changed the print quality to best as well.

[​IMG]

Finally, I used a straight edge to cut the edges. Here is how it came out with these configurations:

[​IMG]

Margen67 and thaddius like this.
  2. thaddius
    OP

thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

May 5, 2008
    Canada
    Even though I made that EZ-Flash IV image a year or so ago I still haven't printed my own (I'm waiting for my 'games that need cases' pile to grow a bit more), but it's good to see others enjoying it. :P

jumpman1229 and xwatchmanx like this.
  3. jumpman1229

jumpman1229 SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

Mar 2, 2013
    United States
    Maryland
    Wow, that's unbelievable haha. Thanks so much for creating this, it looks fantastic especially on my game shelf

4. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    These are awesome! Could you do one for the Gameboy Everdrive?

5. thaddius
    OP

May 5, 2008
    Canada
    If you can give me 300dpi scans of the packaging I might get to it at some point.

6. thaddius
    OP

May 5, 2008
    Canada
    Just updated the first post with a black variant of the EZ-Flash IV cover for the MicroSD model.

Also, Skyhigh_ has given me some scans of a SuperCard MiniSD and SuperCard DSTWO boxart (in 200dpi) so I'm going to try and put together a couple of case covers for those. Someday...

jumpman1229 and Sicklyboy like this.
  7. thaddius
    OP

May 5, 2008
    Canada
    Added a Supercard MiniSD boxart to the first post. All of the spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose, BTW - that's what it said on the box so I recreated it.

It's too bad the original boxes are so terrible. I was a bit disappointed that the Supercard MiniSD box used Times New Roman for one of the fonts. I'd put the time and effort into making something neat looking, but I'm dedicated to recreating the shittyness of these boxes for no clear reason. Spelling and grammatical mistakes and all.

8. romevi

romevi Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2013
    United States
    Does anyone have the microSD version? Is it worth upgrading?

I gave an original EZ Flash IV to my sister and it turns out it's a dud. Tried different miniSD cards and everything and nothing's working. I have mine and was considering getting a microSD version for me and giving her my original miniSD version. Thoughts?

I was considering getting one, if I do, from RealHotStuff, but it seems like they no longer exist. Any other reputable sellers? Will take a PM for obvious reasons.

Thanks!

9. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Really cool. Good job OP.

Margen67 and thaddius like this.