Hacking Im looking to buy a SuperCard DSTWO.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently own an Acekard 2i and Ive heard the Supercard DSTWO is capable of running gba games which got me very interested since the acekard cannot. What are some other benefits to owning the Supercard DSTWO is the interface as easy to understand as acekard? Also where could you recommend me to buy it im not sure which site is trustworthy I dont wanna buy a used or fake copy?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the forum is full of information
yes, the dstwo is superior to the acekard in every way
just click "reviews" and you'll find all the info you need on the dstwo
and clicking on the "shop" tab will take you to a place where you can buy a dstwo

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I did read the guide to flashcarts and I just wanted a suggestion on where I can get my copy for the cheapest price while still being legit? Also I heard because this uses a built in CPU that it uses much more battery than a normal flashcart, is that true?

Chubbo1793

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you live in the US, I recommend Realhotstuff.com. I, along with several other members, have posted our reviews. All of us had to wait less than a week, basically a couple days, to receive our orders. Check shop reviews on ShopTemp if you're not sure.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Chubbo1793 for the suggestion. I will order mine soon and I hope I can contact you later on if I need help. So aside from this having a possibility of working on the 3DS is it safe to say this will be the final revision of flashcarts for this generation of handhelds? (Possible SuperCard DS3)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RemixDeluxe said:
So aside from this having a possibility of working on the 3DS is it safe to say this will be the final revision of flashcarts for this generation of handhelds? (Possible SuperCard DS3)

DSi mode with a CPU could be the final generation, but no one knows. Not that many people thought a few years ago that a CPU could be made into a flashcart like the way it is now. Only time will tell

airss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo is a good chice, it is the best card on dsi till now.
i ordered my dstwo after x'mas from 4CoolDay, brand new and genuine card,
it is the third card i got from them.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RoMee said:
the forum is full of information
just click "reviews" and you'll find all the info you need on the dstwo
and clicking on the "shop" tab will take you to a place where you can buy a dstwo
Except GUI
I only use my Acekard 2i Over DSTWO for its hawt menu

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wont be able to put a nice Rosalina background like I can with my acekard 2i? Well I guess that's a minor sacrifice compared what else it can do. Another quick question how long would I be able to play a DS or GBA game on my DSi at a full charge?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Etalon said:
RoMee said:

Yes. In power consumption and price.
Well even though I use my Acekard more.I dont think of those as valid dis advantages on the DSTWo.
Price-You want more its gonna cost more
Power Consumption-I always have a car charger for road trips and I never play my DS 5 hours straight anyways

Dont want to start an argument, im just pointing it out.You can disagree if you wish.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow and on the off chance this works with the 3DS can you imagine how bad the lifespan will be with its already bad battery life. The price of this flashcart doesnt concern me I just wanna be able to play GBA games as well as my DS games.

rurudtsafg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried buying from shoptemp a supercard 2 in november last year and I never got it. I tried talking to the people and no answer. well I guess they took my 50 bucks as a donation.

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rurudtsafg said:
I tried buying from shoptemp a supercard 2 in november last year and I never got it. I tried talking to the people and no answer. well I guess they took my 50 bucks as a donation.
shoptemp closed november due to there paypal acc being frozen for ever so your payment didnt go though also the scds2 only cost 35-37 $ right there unless you paid for express shiping

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I will give you a non-biased, not bullshit reply.

The Super Card DSTWO has an Anti-Piracy feature built in, superior to the AKAIO one. Since it was released, with two or three updates or so, the DS2 has had almost PERFECT compatibility with DS roms. Every game I tried worked clean, unpatched, with the exception of Taiko No Tatsujin 3. I needed a patch for that.

Also, the DSTWO has the BEST SNES emulator, running just about every game it supports full speed (with processor settings upped to 4, and some games require frameskip 1-2). Games like Mega Man X, Earthbound, and Super Mario All-Stars run full speed on BAGSFC.

Also note, the GBA emulator is sweet. Not perfect, pretty much the same speed and compatibility as a 2009 build of gPSP PSP GBA emulator) Games like Mother 3, Super Mario Advance 4, and more run full speed (with processing speed upped to 4, and make sure to get the game_config.txt specialized for the emu). Also note that Game_config.txt won't work on the latest version, you need to use the second to newest.

I would whole-heartedly recommend the DSTWO over the Acekard 2i, if you have the money. It is definitely worth the investment. Although with AKAIO, Acekard 2i and with Wood R4, Acekard 2 and R4s are formidable, cheaper competitor carts as well.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
since i bought the DS2 i haven't used any other card, except to see what doesn't run on other cards but does on the DS2.

It's a solid card you can't go wrong with, especialy if you want slot-1 gba emulation.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes thank you everyone for your input on how amazing the Supercard is. What I would like to know that everyone has been avoiding is how the battery life is and if its terrible what can I do to increase the life?

1. Does it take more battery to emulate GBA games than DS games?

2. Is there a way to slow down the CPU to increase battery life?

3. On a full charge (using a DSi) how much time would I get playing a DS game? playing a GBA game?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RemixDeluxe said:
Yes thank you everyone for your input on how amazing the Supercard is. What I would like to know that everyone has been avoiding is how the battery life is and if its terrible what can I do to increase the life?

1. Does it take more battery to emulate GBA games than DS games?

2. Is there a way to slow down the CPU to increase battery life?

3. On a full charge (using a DSi) how much time would I get playing a DS game? playing a GBA game?

1. It does not emulate DS games, it emulates GBA games. DS is native for the DSi.

2. The CPU isn't used 100% of the time at full speed. Emulating and such use the CPU.

3. Depends a lot on the charge of the DS. On top of this there is a topic somewhere about the battery life of different flash carts.
smile.gif

RemixDeluxe said:
Bump.

Forum rules
Avoid bumping (reviving) old or new topics; they'll be replied to when they're replied to.

-Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse