Crimsonclaw111

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a copy of Soul Calibur labelled at 755 MB, but I have no idea how to compress audio/video or trim dummy data.

The file is in .cdi format. Any help? I googled everywhere and couldn't find a definite answer.

Also new to Dreamcast burning.

thebsharp

Why'd you have to go and Gunt my fries?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing to it. Just burn as it is. It will fit; it should work. Yes, it's bigger than 600MB, but CDs can actually fit more than that depending on the type of data on it (I've had VCDs measure in at nearly 800MB on a standard CD).

Point is, you should be fine. Dreamcast was, arguably, one of the easiest systems to pirate for. Download image, burn image, play game. That's all there is to it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I suggest using DiscJuggler.
You can find videos on how to use it, sadly I can't seem to find find one that doesn't link to a piracy site. So I won't post them.
IIRC, you need to burn them at the lowest speed at Mode 2 in the advance tab.
Also don't allow it to correct any files, if it asks to correct them and you say yes, the games won't work.

Crimsonclaw111

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I already got Discjuggler and am aware to burn at the lowest possible speed in mode 2. I also know to tell the program not to correct structures. The only thing I was clueless about was the compression or downsizing and such.

Thank you though. :)

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There was also a tool i think it was called: "CDi2nero" that you could change the CDi images to Nero images.
Was created because a lot CD burners did not work properly with DJ back then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou