Hacking I'm looking for advices to install A9LH

ChrisN8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, i wish to install A9lh on my new nintendo 3DS xl, i'm kinda tired of shitty bootrate...

My settings :

New Nintendo 3DS XL PAL (from Australia)
Sysnand Firmware : 9.0.0-20E
Emunand Firmware : 11.0.0-33E
CFW : Luma3DS
Menuhax installed to boot Luma3DS or Homebrew Channel
System settings downgraded for gateway card
Nand backup already done
Title manager - Bigbluebox installed
Boot NTR Selector installed
Pokemon Sun CIA installed

so decided to follow this guide : https://3ds.guide/

- Do i really need to do all first steps until 2.1.0 ctrtransfer ? since i already have some entrypoint installed on my 3DS with easy access to homebrew channel.

- Cant my settings may enter in conflict with A9HL installation ? I really don't want to brick my 3ds because of something on it.

thanks for help.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you already have access to Decrypt9 through HBL, you can start at https://3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer .

Make sure you back up both SysNAND and EmuNAND. At the end of the guide, you can restore EmuNAND to SysNAND and have A9LH with updated SysNAND. (If you don't want to switch to SysNAND, then you can just keep the EmuNAND as-is, but it's not recommended.)

Also note that if you have any DSiWare or GBA titles, you'll want to back up their saves first, since they may get erased when copying EmuNAND to SysNAND.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As someone who did the process both on a previously hacked o3ds xl and a shiny new n3ds xl, my advice would be

1 - Remember to not ever close the lid when it's on 2.1, either intentionally or accidentally (fall, etc)

2 - dont worry about losing settings or anything, your 3ds is restored to what it was after you get otp

3 - if you follow plailect guide, for some reason he makes you remove the sd card too much and put additional files on every few steps, you could cut the chase and get a few more files on your sd on the 1st transfer.

4 - don't ever close the lid, put in sleep mode or let it drop (thus possibly closing the lid) while in 2.1 sysnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night