I'm looking for a GBA cart case.

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by thaddius, Dec 30, 2011.

Dec 30, 2011
  1. thaddius
    OP

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    So, I like to carry my DS around with a slew of games (just in case) and I recently purchased the item pictured below for my DS and 3DS games:
    [​IMG]
    It holds 22 games.

Now, I know there are cases you can buy for GBA that hold one game apiece, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen anything for GBA games that, like the above mentioned item, can store multiple carts. Kind of a long shot, I know, but just thought I'd ask.

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    I remember those from when I was a kid.
    I don't have a GBA cart box but they do exist!

3. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I have a GBA SP carry case that used to have a plastic panel that would hold three GBA games in total.
    It would let me put my SP in the bottom part and keep those three GBA games in place.

I've never seen anything that would let someone carry multiple GBA carts, though I don't see why it wouldn't exist.

You could also be creative and use some other object as a substitute.
    Here's an example:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

The black case is something made by MadCatz. There used to be plastic tabs on them that would let you attach many of them together.
    What I wanted to point out was the clear plastic box. It came from a set of cards.
    We bought some miniature playing cards years ago that came in those little plastic boxes.
    Luckily, they're about the same size as a GBA cart, and I can hold two GBA games in there (Though they're loose.)

4. thaddius
    OP

Canada
    I found this:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    But it only holds two and I mostly like to use my GB Micro instead of my SP. I guess I may have to settle for something like that but I was hoping for something that would carry a few more games, y'know?
    Yeah, I have two of those and they're the worst. They don't stick together well at all.

Good idea about the card case, BTW.

5. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Pretty much that. They used to be around years ago but well...when the GBA died the cases died as well. An easy alternative to use would be to get a PSP 1000 case (fatter the better ;) ) and just fit the games into there.

6. Helpful Corn

Member Helpful Corn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    fabricate something, some sort of sleeve maybe? should be pretty simple, plus customizations :yay:

7. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    You can make one from a pencil tin / case and some sheets of craft foam. Stick it together in layers, leaving holes for the carts to fit in.
    [​IMG]
    Just imagine it a little bigger, the best bit is you can make the case big enough to hold as many carts you want :)

8. thaddius
    OP

Canada
    I thought about crafting something myself but it just seemed too difficult... That's a good idea though, the foam and a pencil case/thing. A boxcutter/penknife would make that really easy.

I'll work on it. Let you guys know.