KT_Cobra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmmm... pickles....

I have a file that contains all of the Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. Each game is listed as a .rar file, and in that file there is probably every different type of hack, version, mod, etc. And that is for EACH game. The list states that there are over 2000 games.

What I'm trying to do is put every Gameboy and Gameboy Color game on my cart, but how do I go about doing this without opening every single file to find the original game file for over 2000 games?

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks!

KT_Cobra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, but I really just want the original files and not... oh, say... what some college guys decided would be a humorous hack to Super Mario Land, for example.

KT_Cobra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redfalcon said:
Extract all files and write a script that filters out all but the ones with [!] (which should be the unmodified ones) in the file name.
That sounds like the thing to do! I just don't know how to write script or use it. lol Also, to Windwakr, it's one file that contains every GB and GBC game. Each game is a .rar file also, and it contains all of the mods, hacks, etc. that were made for that game.

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
KT_Cobra said:
redfalcon said:
Extract all files and write a script that filters out all but the ones with [!] (which should be the unmodified ones) in the file name.
That sounds like the thing to do! I just don't know how to write script or use it. lol Also, to Windwakr, it's one file that contains every GB and GBC game. Each game is a .rar file also, and it contains all of the mods, hacks, etc. that were made for that game.

Extracting shouldn't be too difficult. First extract all archives in the one file to a folder, then mark all archives and just use the context menu to extract them all. Then you should have a shitload of files. Instead of a script you could also just search for all filenames with a [!] in it, with locate32 or the Windows Search or something. Then select all relevant ones and copy them to a seperate folder. The script thingy should be quite easy with Python/Ruby/etc., maybe try googleing for a script that deletes all files in a folder with a specific pattern and modify it to your need.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
click the 1st rar, hold shift, click the last rar -- all rars are now selected
right click any 1 highlighted rar and select "extract here"
all files are now in the directory, delete the rars

click on each file you want while holding the control key and each of those files will be selected together (try it)
right click and "copy" any 1 highlighted file and then "paste" to your msd card.

this should take you the better part of 15 minutes and then you are done.

===

you could try using windows search function on the extracted directory just looking for roms with "!" in the name but the problem is that not all dumps will be verified as good dumps.

you could also try a batch script or a program for sorting (google for some) but again the problem will be that some roms which are not hacks (h), alternate dumps (a), bad dumps (b), or translations (t) will also not be good dumps (!).

don't forget that the emulators you are going to use will not have 100% compatibility.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning