1. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Annoying the fact that some old models had wobbles and last a long time. Had mind phat since near launch day and it cause no problems. Maybe you should actually listen then calling everyone that disagree with you morons.

Plus just because people complain about wobbling doesn't mean everyone wobbling is a issue.

2. Jugarina

Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I know how to read young man and none of you should be warning me or threatening me because you are in no position here to be doing that without breaking the forum rules. Sure, the NGP hardware is not set in stone yet but as It stands now that's superior to the 3DSin my opinion. As far as price is concerned I don't know how much they should cost exactly but I do know that paying just about console price's that are much more powerful and expensive to produce is just ridiculous. The previous line was and is overpriced as well. This is all I have to say and I won't be replying to any other posts regarding what I said or what is replied to.

3. KungChicken

KungChicken Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Why can't you get a brain and realize that there is a possibility that you could maybe, just maybe, be wrong. If you look at the wobble vs. non-wobble of previous DS's (DS, Lite, i, iXL) it makes sense that it can stop the hinges from cracking. My original DS had a very wobbly top screen and it is still sitting in my desk in perfect shape after 5 years. My DS Lite had a very tight screen and it snapped in half a year, my brothers DS Lite had a wobbly top screen and it is perfect 2 years later.

Just because somebody has a different opinion or look on something than you doesn't make them a moron.

4. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

My original DS's hinge wasn't wobbly or tight. It was smooth in movement and was well made. It was also a very firm, and kind of large hinge. If your original DS screen wobbles, your hinge either has come loose, or your's was just one with a slightly faulty hinge. Regardless, the original DS is bad to compare too. It was far more solid than any DS model of any kind that I've seen to date. I mean, the 3DS is inevitably fragile with all the little things inside of it. Hell, one good drop and your pedometer will most likely break if not with other adverse effects.

The 3DS is disappointing as it stands now. 3D technology is still young. Many 3D televisions still come with glasses, although specialized for multiple and long term use with the television. This type of 3D is just beginning though. To release a console based around the aspect was a bad decision on Nintendo's part. That isn't my main gripe with the system though.

My main gripe isn't that there aren't any good launch titles, it's more the fact that there isn't exactly tons of third party support on the horizon at this point. I mean, the titles most being looked forward to, such as OoT, are first party games. Unless third party can really bring something good to the table, the system is gonna tank pretty hard. Combine that with the current hardware issues and the system that has basically none of the promised features included for launch, and you get more than one person staring at buyers remorse.

Not gonna say the NGP is going to be superior. It could have lots of issues itself. I'm hoping that Sony learns from this though and knows to have all the promised features ready on launch day with a system tested enough that people don't have to worry about update failures or anything of the like. I agree with the person who said the 3DS feels rushed though. I'm sure a few people would have gladly waited an extra month if it meant the system would actually be where it was supposed to be by launch.

5. rockstar99

Canada
    I love it just wish it had XL screens

6. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    True. [​IMG] But the screen as it is now isn't that bad.

7. Nathan Drake

The lite lasted longer based on use, how often it was opened and closed in general, and the batch it came out of. Obviously certain batches of the system were better built than others, while some may have come out slightly faulty without anybody really knowing. You can never be sure.

The 3D isn't that impressive. People just want it to be so badly that they are making it out to be better than it is. Many people also haven't had the chance to really experience 3D before, so this may be a kind of amazing experience overall for those who haven't had the 3D in their face before. Most who have viewed 3D movies actively though along with other 3D things aren't as impressed though, as the 3D in the 3DS is primitive. I have already heard from many that even a slight movement can cause them to have to find the focal point again. The 3D is too dependent on positioning of the system, and positioning of the eyes. The 3DS would have been appealing regardless and less expensive had 3D just been omitted completely. It would have just been a matter of renaming the system when all was said and done so that people didn't think they were just getting yet another DS upgrade.

Tell me this though; why pay for an incomplete product? Because the developer tells you that you can have all of the features two months later? That doesn't sit right with me. I can understand new features being added later, but most of the features should have been ready to go from the get go.

8. Relys

Relys ^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$

United States
    I'm in physics 212x thank you very much and yes, I do know that t=dL/dt.

From an engineering standpoint having the hinge too tight will create extra stress and eventually crack the plastic by moving your 3DS screen up and down. Too much wobble would have an effect on the socket itself.

Anyways this really isn't that big of an issue. Treat your 3DS like holding an infant child. If you're shaking it up and down like you're wanking off, you're doing it wrong (and should probably get some counseling).

9. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Seem the first part seem more of opinion than fact.

3D may not be impressive to you or some other people, but that doesn't mean isn't really impressive or that the 3D isn't usable.

Other words people wanting it badly doesn't mean they making it better than it is.

Many people haven't experience it? How do you know?

How do you know people who experience it doesn't actually enjoy the 3D?

Focus point really depends on the person, something the person may take time to get use to.

It work for me instantly and was easily maintain.

Again how do you know that it would have been just appealing?

So you impatience for it? I see if they never sent the update, I be outright [​IMG]. It unlikely Nintendo would do that.

I think it better that they let you have fun with it than waiting for them trying the best to make the undated sound.

Having even more fun when they bust out the May update. [​IMG]

10. Midna

Midna Banned
    Banned

Albania
    Uh huh. You can write three extensive paragraphs full of hatin based on second hand experience.

Let me ammend this. I am a big fan of 3D movies I have seen many of them, mostly in iMAX as well. I'm duely impressed with the 3DS. This isn't the initial wow factor of 3D its self. You yourself have not tried this thing you so pationately hate. I have it. The focal point for 3D is easy to find. It takes about a second after picking up. After which, it is very easy to stay in. You can stay at pretty much any distance from the screen. Side to side movement will cause you to lose the effect, though there is a touch of wiigle room. You can reclaim it very quickly if this happens. And it rarely happens, unless you're using the motion controls or positioning the camera. I have experienced no adverse physical affects.

Now, you're right on your second point. The 3DS was rushed out to meet deadlines. I can be fairly sure of that. People were expecting Christmas, they pushed it to the literal end of Q4 2011, the promised time frame. The OS is very polished, and everything curently included works like a charm. The things to be updated for in May have placeholders. Why should you pay for it in its current state? Because the omitted features will be provided at no charge in a short time. You can skip out on getting it for the time being. It's sensible if you're not overly excited. Wait until there are more and better games, any phycial defects with the first systems are fixed, and the OS is completely finished. However, I fail to see how having it for an extra two months is a detriment to anybody. I doubt the price will go down by May.

The price is the only serious issue. it's up to you whether you want to pay it or not.

Seriously mate. You be hatin for no reason.

11. Nathan Drake

Not hating, reality checking. I do see your point with the 3D, but people are legitimately just not all that impressed overall with it. It may just be the launch titles don't use it well enough. I'm sure we'll see improvements in games with 3D later on, but you can't change the hardware in the device if it proves inadequate as time passes.

I wouldn't put in what I've heard unless it was from enough different people that it was enough to substantiate the claim. I was never even all that excited for the 3DS, so I have a relatively unbiased perspective, as I just don't care about what company makes what. A good game is a good game, and a good piece of hardware is a good piece of hardware. Too many fanboys have tried to make the 3DS out to be the god of all handhelds, gotta cut some people down to size. ie: I'm not a fanboy. Doesn't mean I can't be biased, I certainly see the potential, but the idea still stands that 3D technology is still young. Hell, by next year, I'm sure 3D will be far ahead of where it even is now with how fast technology has been advancing.

Seriously though, the system does have its flaws. Like the DS and its many issues from dead pixels, to hinge problems, and more through all of its iterations. Like my PS3 and its tendency to get too warm due to poor cooling in the slim models (primarily due to the vent locations, makes it hard to keep all of the vents thoroughly exposed). Like the 360's and the RROD and crappy disc drives (Elite seems to have fixed most of this). Not enough experience with the Wii to really know the flaws except that most people just brick it because they don't know what they're doing with soft mods.

tl;dr The system isn't free of flaws. People need to quit acting like it is. When most things I say are countered by vague remarks, I have a hard time taking it to heart. Every system is flawed, every single one of them.

12. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States

"people are legitimately just not all that impressed overall"

Doesn't mean all, doesn't even mean the majority.

Enough different people for yourself to make the claim still doesn't mean that out weights the majority and makes it true.

Never being excited for something could me you could always look at the negative things or give it negative as someone who is excited could always look at the positive things or positive view.

Other words not being excited for something doesn't mean you are not being biased.

If the young 3D technology is usable by most/majority so what?

Never said it was flawless. Do not know where you even got that idea. If we base a system only on flaws then we will always be disappointed.

13. Midna

Midna Banned
    Banned

Albania
    You're not wrong. There's a number of first batch defects going around. My own 3DS's D-Pad squeaks when pressing right. That, and it's in the same awkward position the PSP's analog nub was. The graphics aren't what we should expect from 2011 (Though hell if I care) and the outside and inside are both magnets for fingerprints. Launch titles are mostly lame too.

That's everything I've found wrong with it. But, none of it is a deal breaker for me. More titles will be hitting shelves shortly, and the launch defects will be fixed soon enough. The others are minor design complaints that i can live with. I barely ever use the D-Pad anyway.

It still seems fundamentally wrong though, to write up a bad review for a system without having one or having played one. Your sources may be good, but they're not you, and they're not everybody. Save your judgement.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - disappointed,