Hardware I'm I the only one disappointed with the 3DS ?

MeowTheMouse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Note: THIS IS NOT A TROLL THREAD!

When I saw that the 3ds has a screen rez lower than my phone (Desire HD), with low specs and smaller than DSiXL screens I felt that I'm going to downgrade instead of upgrading.
I felt that the 3DS is out dated but this is how Nintendo operates, make them cheap and sell them cheap, after all the 3DS won't cost more than 150$ right..? This is not the way Nintendo used to be, what really convinced to avoid the 3DS for now was when I actually held it with my own hands, its really ugly and obviously made out of cheap plastic.

As person who have been a Nintendo fan his whole life from the NES days till this day, the 3DS is by far the biggest disappointment I ever had from Nintendo, I'm just surprised that people are not complaining, Do people have low quality standards now and just go with the flow?

P.S. For all those of you who got your 3DS, enjoy playing your 3ds
smile.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
There is people complaining. It's nowhere near a perfect system.
However, how can you be disappointed if you didn't try it? Prejudging ain't good. And a whole system disappointment based on the screen resolution is a pretty baseless disappointment.

D

Deleted User

There's plenty of people complaining. Headaches, price, games at launch, battery life.

zjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a high end smart phone, a ds lite which i still think is great, and a 3ds which i got on the day of the release. i'm not an early adopter. i usually wait for thing to settle in and have the bugs worked out. the 3ds is an emerging technology. for some reason i didn't wait his time. i understand everything your saying. you're not wrong but, i love playing games in 3d. it's awesome. the soccer game is great. when the other good titles come out i'll be all over them. street fighters good too. i'm so glad im nintendo made this.

D

Deleted User

Dylan said:
There can be no "perfection" for everyone. No console is ever going to be the perfect console. I think a lot of people had way too high standards/expectations for this.
This. This so much. It'll be a long time, if ever, when everyone can agree on a perfect console, let alone getting around to creating one for real.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine today and I am happy with it, so far so good..just waiting for Rayman 3ds to arrive..I only have two issues with the system..I am very prone to headaches, I only turned on the 3d for a second(on initial setup) and I already got a headache from it..is there a way when I am playing a 3d game to have it at a certain level so I don't get a headache from it..and the other issue is the bottom screen is kinda small, wish it were the same size as the screen on the top but other then that I am a very happy camper

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can buy an imba-lol-mega pda for 500USD+ if u want to
the question is: will you have fun with it

sony fans usually fall into this problem, they only look at the graphics and the hardware
not the support, the feel of the system, just the looks

nintendo is all about quality for a fair price

today's pdas have better and better hardware
while nintendo's stays low for about 5-6years and still people have 1000x times more fun with it

sure a pda in some way is more useful, but not by a whole lot
notebooks you need for office useand everything that's non gaming mostly
phone supposed to be for phone
and the n3ds has/will have 3d video play back, browsing capabilites, music playback etc...it has more and more use non-gaming wise as well

i'm rather dissapointed in today's PDAs than in the 3DS

today's handheld devices are mostly capable of a lot of basic stuff
you can't play youtube better than perfect, can't play music better than perfect, but there are still a lot of games and softwares that is in need
and Nintendo has the support, even apple

my bro is pro with his HTC pdas, but i used my dsi at least a 100x times more and longer than him

in short: nowadays the software support and design is what counts and not the hardware

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got mine, very happy with it. While i respect your opinion, i don't think it's fair to compare it to a phone. A phone is not meant for gaming. I have an Android phone. Though i love my phone, i hate gaming on it in general unless they're very slow paced games (even then it can be obnoxious).

The specs are pretty good for a handheld. Remember that it's intended for playing games, not multitasking and shooting/playing HD video. I feel the screen resolution is good.

I should also mention that i've no issues with the 3D effect. I can see it perfectly, have no headaches or eye strain whatsoever. Other people's mileage may vary.

The only real issue is the battery life. Other than that, it's pretty damn good so far.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think the system has reached anything close to its true potential yet, but I don't expect it to be perfect right out of the box. A system only truly shines once developers have learned how to milk every last drop of gaming goodness out of every chip. You have to give it time to get going. I bought my 3DS on launch day because I can see that it has a lot of potential. Well, that and two of my all time faves on the way in the form of Zelda and Lylat Wars
smile.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeowTheMouse said:
I'm not talking about perfection, the price and quality are unforgivable, the quality is REALLY bad.
Not sure i quite understand. Feels pretty solid to me. The analog slider is especially nice and very comfortable. The system feels really well built. I didn't mind the price much, but whatever, that's your opinion.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
granville said:
MeowTheMouse said:
I'm not talking about perfection, the price and quality are unforgivable, the quality is REALLY bad.
Not sure i quite understand. Feels pretty solid to me. The analog slider is especially nice and very comfortable. The system feels really well built. I didn't mind the price much, but whatever, that's your opinion.

I just think the small wobble for the top screen is annoying me, but otherwise yes I think its pretty good

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
But even that isn't consistent. More of a luck issue at this point. Different people handle it differently as well. I'm sure some peoples 3DSs do it but it's so minor they don't notice/don't care but some people are losing their minds over it. It's all opinions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here