I'm having trouble downloading games onto my Go...

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by shadowdorothy, Mar 6, 2013.

1. shadowdorothy
    OP

shadowdorothy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    I bought a used PSP Go, formatted the internal memory and then connected my PSN account. I went onto the store and tried to download my PS classics onto my PSP Go. It asked if I wanted to disconnect from the account the Go was linked to. I said yes.

So far so good. It then tells me to activate the PSP Go so I can download my games. Did that. Went to download my classic games, and here is where I am getting troubles.

It starts trying to download. After a minute or two, it suddenly says that it will take from 340 minutes to 450 minutes. For a 200MB game! I downloaded it the other day on my PS3 and it took all of 5 minutes.

Everything seems fine with my wi-fi and Go, but I don't know what the problem is. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

2. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    @CrashmanX
    Suggestion: Download VIA PS3, then transfer to the GO VIA a USB cable.

Alternative: Double check Wi-Fi settings and Wi-Fi connection strength. Make sure you're at full bars and not partial.

shadowdorothy likes this.
  3. shadowdorothy
    OP

shadowdorothy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    I have 95% signal strength. It's only when I try to download from the PS store that I have a problem. Guess I'll just trasnfer from my PS3. Thank you.

4. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    Is the Go using power save mode? It cuts wifi strength to save energy.