Gaming I'm having some trouble

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a genuine copy of Windows and reinstalled Windows when I check for updates it says last checked never and it will just show the green bar like its searching but never finds or installs any I have left it on over night thinking it would help but it didn't I have a trail of Norton and it doesn't find any viruses so idk what to do and I need help

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a genuine copy of Windows and reinstalled Windows when I check for updates it says last checked never and it will just show the green bar like its searching but never finds or installs any I have left it on over night thinking it would help but it didn't I have a trail of Norton and it doesn't find any viruses so idk what to do and I need help
Maybe you already have the latest updates?

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well your windows may have been updated automatically when you installed it, so you'll be on the latest version until there's a new update.
No usually it says no updates found but it doesn't it just loads endlessly as if it's still searching it also has nothing under installed updates

Last edited by G36cBossMan,

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No usually it says no updates found but it doesn't it just loads endlessly as if it's still searching
Well that's weird... But I love how you mention you have a genuine copy, not many people say that, so ill just say having a pirated copy may mess with updates. Sorry I couldn't be of much help

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's weird... But I love how you mention you have a genuine copy, not many people say that, so ill just say having a pirated copy may mess with updates. Sorry I couldn't be of much help
No I said that bc you can't install updates if it's not genuine I believe thanks anyway

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No I said that bc you can't install updates if it's not genuine I believe thanks anyway
You can, just that the updates may remove the activation method. Even Daz loader requires you to block a specific KB, but you can download and install all other updates no problem.

That being said, it's possible there's something wonky going on on Microsoft's end. I did a clean install recently on my computer to get a valid license (Bought Win 7 OEM for dirt cheap, then use the assistive devices loophole to get a Win10 upgrade), and downloading updates was INCREDIBLY slow, even when normal internet usage and even Steam and Office installer seemed unaffected. Even trying to download OneDrive manually to update it took five hours.

Try downlaoding OneDrive and see if it's slow. I'm even having difficulties loading the download page right now.
https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/download/

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My experience is that Windows 7 always takes a very long time to search for updates. Sometimes over an hour.
I left my computer on over night and it was still searching also tried leaving it on over night with the link provided for the manual install an still no luck

civickm

Rocky Mountain IT Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have this issue at work all the time, GreatCrippler is correct that update is a headache, we ended up setting up a SCCM server but before that we were using offline updater: http://download.wsusoffline.net

I use it all the time for my side IT business, if that a try, some updates don't work thru it but at least you will get 95% of them.

For windows 7 if its a fresh install, run the Service pack 1 update manually and IE 11 manually. Then start the windows update control appt.

Last edited by civickm,

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have this issue at work all the time, GreatCrippler is correct that update is a headache, we ended up setting up a SCCM server but before that we were using offline updater: http://download.wsusoffline.net

I use it all the time for my side IT business, if that a try, some updates don't work thru it but at least you will get 95% of them.

For windows 7 if its a fresh install, run the Service pack 1 update manually and IE 11 manually. Then start the windows update control appt.
it worked great thank you very much

Reactions: civickm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."