Hacking I'm having major trouble with UStealth + USBLoaderGX

Shadicluigi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My setup is as follows.
  • 32GB Wii U with Nintendont forwarder on the NAND, USBLoaderGX forwarder is installed on the USB HDD.
  • All homebrew run off a 32GB SD card.
  • 500GB HDD for the Wii U in a powered 3.0 hub, one USB in the front.
  • 1TBHDD for the VWii, with Ustealth ran on it. 100GB partition for Gamecube and 900GB for Wii. This worked perfectly on my original Wii console, and is the same setup.
  • Ustealth is setup on the VWii's HDD too.
First I run the Nintendont forwarder, works perfectly with the Wii U Gamepad. USB obviously doesn't work as it's a VC game.
But in Vwii it works perfectly too, with both the Ustealthed HDD and SD. Clearly there's no HDD issue, the issue seems to be on USBLoaderGX's end.
I ideally want to run USBLoaderGX from the Wii U home menu, and play a game from the Wii, or the Gamecube (with a Gamecube Controller Adapter)

I have an issue where it freezes on initializing a usb device no matter what port I use. I was once able to load a Wii game, but upon return to the Loader all of the games on the HDD disappeared and the drive wasn't initialized.
The moments I am able to access the menu I've tried all the IOSes I've seen online with no dice, occasionally the games did show up with ones like 249 or 82 but the games clearly weren't loading as it booted me back to the home menu on launch.
I've been stuck on this for the entire day.
No I don't want to install forwarders for each game either.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure which usb loader gx version added ustealth support, but it should work at least with 3.0.1271+ and @blackb0x 's version (I'm using this), and I've no issues like that with any of those versions.

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It does seem like a USBLoaderGX Problem but im not sure its because of UStealth. What format is the HDD? I noticed that i had a lot of problems with NTFS. Since i formated the Drive to Fat32 there were no further problems. Also its a good idea to try differenct Versions of USBLoaderGX. Other than that i dont know whats wrong. I have a rather similar setup and it works like a charm.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ustealth support is around v3 1180-1200

I ideally want to run USBLoaderGX from the Wii U home menu
When launched from wiiU, there's no USB Access !
the WiiU VCWii channels are using a special cIOS (255) which cannot read USB.
WiiU VC runs in WiiU mode, it lets you use the gamepad, but can't access USB.

you said it yourself
USB obviously doesn't work as it's a VC game.

What you want is a WiiU "vWii launcher" channel, and not a WiiU "WiiVC injected" channel.

you'll have to install two different forwarder :
1. the WiiU forwarder to vWii HBC, patched to load UNEO instead of HBC. (you'll be in vWii mode, USB will work using cIOS d2x v10*, and of course you will not have gamepad support in games)
2. the vWii UNEO forwarder, which will then launche the boot.dol on your SD card
3. the USBLoaderGX boot.dol on either SD or USB. (I always recommend SD card for homebrew resources, loads faster and more stable)

I recommend installing the cIOS d2x v10 r52 "libFAT mod", with base57 in slot249 for better compatibility.
the mod is a patch on the libFAT module to allow Ustealth on emuNAND (partial and Full, not neek).

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Shadicluigi

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Make sure that both drives are on separate USB ports, with the vWii drive on the lower port (pretend it's lying flat on the surface) and the Wii U HDD being connected to the upper port on the back. Also double check that your drives both get enough power, if they offer the ability to run off of external power plug them both into the wall.

I believe I'm running standard IOS with no further tinkering, but I use the vWii for Wii games and a big SD card for GameCube games.

Shadicluigi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does seem like a USBLoaderGX Problem but im not sure its because of UStealth. What format is the HDD? I noticed that i had a lot of problems with NTFS. Since i formated the Drive to Fat32 there were no further problems. Also its a good idea to try differenct Versions of USBLoaderGX. Other than that i dont know whats wrong. I have a rather similar setup and it works like a charm.
GameCube partition is FAT32, Wii Partition is NTFS I believe

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ustealth support is around v3 1180-1200

When launched from wiiU, there's no USB Access !
the WiiU VCWii channels are using a special cIOS (255) which cannot read USB.
WiiU VC runs in WiiU mode, it lets you use the gamepad, but can't access USB.

you said it yourself

What you want is a WiiU "vWii launcher" channel, and not a WiiU "WiiVC injected" channel.

you'll have to install two different forwarder :
1. the WiiU forwarder to vWii HBC, patched to load UNEO instead of HBC. (you'll be in vWii mode, USB will work using cIOS d2x v10*, and of course you will not have gamepad support in games)
2. the vWii UNEO forwarder, which will then launche the boot.dol on your SD card
3. the USBLoaderGX boot.dol on either SD or USB. (I always recommend SD card for homebrew resources, loads faster and more stable)

I recommend installing the cIOS d2x v10 r52 "libFAT mod", with base57 in slot249 for better compatibility.
the mod is a patch on the libFAT module to allow Ustealth on emuNAND (partial and Full, not neek).
I have that forwarder, that's what I meant sorry. Also I don't have emunand on Vwii

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Make sure that both drives are on separate USB ports, with the vWii drive on the lower port (pretend it's lying flat on the surface) and the Wii U HDD being connected to the upper port on the back. Also double check that your drives both get enough power, if they offer the ability to run off of external power plug them both into the wall.

I believe I'm running standard IOS with no further tinkering, but I use the vWii for Wii games and a big SD card for GameCube games.
Wii U works fine on the front with a one plug powered dock. Wii is using a Y cable with the data one in the top back port

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you using an SD card or only USB ?
booting from the forwarder to USB has been reported not working correctly on vWii in the past.

if you have the loader's bood.dol on USB, try to use an SD card as it's initialized faster/more easily than the USB.
If boot.dol is found on SD, the UNEO forwarder shouldn't even try to mount USB, then the loader boots and is the one responsible for USB initializing.

To put all chances your way, always use SD card for homebrew files, USB only for the games, iso, roms, etc.
If you already are using SD card, then, I don't know. there were different forwarders, be sure you use the "fixed" version (not fixed enough apparently haha)

Last edited by Cyan,

Shadicluigi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you using an SD card or only USB ?
booting from the forwarder to USB has been reported not working correctly on vWii in the past.

if you have the loader's bood.dol on USB, try to use an SD card as it's initialized faster/more easily than the USB.
If boot.dol is found on SD, the UNEO forwarder shouldn't even try to mount USB, then the loader boots and is the one responsible for USB initializing.

To put all chances your way, always use SD card for homebrew files, USB only for the games, iso, roms, etc.
If you already are using SD card, then, I don't know. there were different forwarders, be sure you use the "fixed" version (not fixed enough apparently haha)
I have the .dol on the SD, usbloadergx does load up sometimes

Shadicluigi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bump? Modded USBLoaderGX still freezes on initialising usb devices when the Wii U drive is inserted. I removed the partitions on the Wii drive and put gamecube games in the SD card. So the Wii drive (Y Cable in the back) is NTFS and the Wii U drive is plugged in the front right with one cable using a powered dock. Wii U works fine with the Wii drive inserted, but the Wii mode doesn't (USBLoaderGX specifically)

Last edited by Shadicluigi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup