Gaming I'm guessing you can play 3ds games on the ds lite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
No, as in definitely, without a doubt, NO!

That'd be like waiting to see if the SNES can play N64 games. it just doesn't work that way. Different hardware.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually got asked that question by my mother

she also asked if ps2 games play on ps1 and if ps3 games play on ps2

My reply: "Your a fucking idiot."

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Pi said:
I actually got asked that question by my mother

she also asked if ps2 games play on ps1 and if ps3 games play on ps2

My reply: "Your a fucking idiot."

Ha ha ha ......let me jump on the wagon, and although I think somebody mentioned it already, the answer is NO ! ( Keep going Ha ha ha ....)

But really, it reminds me of a long time ago when I was in Germany and those were the times when the PSX was brand new and its main competitor Sega Saturn was still considered a contender.
I went to a local game shop and while I was looking at some games, there was this middle aged guy with a mustache who approached me and told me to be careful.....cause PSX games wouldn't run on the Saturn or that other CD-rom based console they had at the time ( like I didn't know ) and his explanation was that companies, in order to make more money made the CD-ROM drive spin the other way around so that you couldn't play one games on another......:LOL
I said Geez, thanks, I 'll surely be careful......

So you see, it's in the human nature to get confused when new hardware comes out, and if all you need is a simplified explanation on why certain games only work on some system, I'll simply tell to the TO that being Nintendo such a greedy company, they made the shape of the 3DS cartridge slightly different so that it wouldn't fit into the DS/Lite/DSi/XL to force people to buy yet another console !

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go ahead and keep waiting, you'll be waiting for a long ass time.

The NDS Lite could never handle the 3DS's graphic capabilities, ever, that's the whole point of making a new system, to do better than the last.

That's like asking can PS2 play PS3 games -_-

Can the GBA play DS games.

That's just not possible.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm73 said:
I'll simply tell to the TO that being Nintendo such a greedy company, they made the shape of the 3DS cartridge slightly different so that it wouldn't fit into the DS/Lite/DSi/XL to force people to buy yet another console !
Are you serious? The ds wouldn't be able handle 3DS games regardless of cartridge shape.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
miss_DSlite said:
i just wait to see anyway

I'd listen to all these "no"s, if I were you. Judging by the vast improvement in graphical power, and the fact that the cartridges won't fit into the previous DS models, it's safe to assume that 3DS games aren't backward compatible. Please, I'd rather you listened to us than buy your first 3DS game and be disappointed.
frown.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you get this idea? Since when is a console "Forward Compatible"?

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
It might be a stupid question, but lay off the guy. Seriously.

Lay off the girl you mean, but she's the one who asked and won't listen.

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Jul 5 2010, 09:34 PM) Where did you get this idea? Since when is a console "Forward Compatible"?

Since aliens came from space and gave us the technology?

Logan 5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm quickly growing tired of the rampant stupidity on this forum. There are good posters, and when they post it's really awesome, but the overwhelming majority of you are retards. Plain and simple.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logan 5 said:
I'm quickly growing tired of the rampant stupidity on this forum. There are good posters, and when they post it's really awesome, but the overwhelming majority of you are retards. Plain and simple.

You've been here since June 19th and already flaming, aren't you cute.

If it isn't relevant to the topic, don't post, plain and simple, as you would say.

Awesome cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality