Gaming I'm gonna try the Switch, any requests?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A Nintendo Switch will be in my hands sometime in just over 24 hours.

I have a 2-hour session booked and I'll be able to do whatever the **** I want with the system and the few titles there will be available to play (within reason)

Is there anything in particular the temp wants me to look out for?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, why don't you try an endurance test.
Let it fall from different height until it breaks and document the process.
Make a graph.
(/s)

PS: What about having a long play of Zelda or any other game available there -in portable mode- and check if it is comfortable to play, doesn't skip too much, how annoying is it on your hands, etc. (I say, I plan to use it as a portable, so "thoughts of using it as a portable")

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol... i doubt there is anything to be done. Review copies have already been sent out and most people know everything.
The think i still wanna know thay no one has covered.
Can the switch be charged via a normal usb charger

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you try out those 5 stylus holder holes on the top. Let is know if the styli fall out after you cram them in.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As others said we have seen a fair bit of coverage already so go do you. If you have some capability for high speed video then maybe some more of that. I would like some detailed measurements of things but I can wait until someone has it there with a micrometer and callipers (between the official stuff and http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-nintendo-switch-live-hands-on-coverage.457053/page-3#post-7010398 I am sated for now).
If you have two hours hands on I might consider some more extended testing -- to the best of my knowledge, and certainly for what we did, it was all fairly short bursts. Holding it for hours in one hand/with one hand dominating could be something worth hearing about.
I guess I would not mind seeing some more of the menu but if it is a choice between new game/level/section and that then do that, I kind of want to say even if it is just dance but I won't go that far.

Maybe try to "break" the controllers -- I played that safe cracking game and it was quite nice actually, however I failed in my mission and neglected to wave it around like I was playing the drums or something to see how it responded.

Look out for a way to run unsigned code.
Why the amateur hour? Go for the good stuff and try to get the private keys.

Reactions: thorasgar

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Lol... i doubt there is anything to be done. Review copies have already been sent out and most people know everything.
This is a good question to make.
I don't want to buy an Switch AC adaptor if I can charge the switch with a standard one (even if the console must be turned off to be actually charged, the idea is to let it charge while I work so I can play it in lunch time).

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, if i play it in bed handheld and i need to charge it i wanna know if i can just plug it into my laptop or cellphone charger.

The system is listed at 15v, the battery inside is listed as 3.7v (same as cellphones,3ds any normal usb chargeable device).
But this info hasnt been shared. Will the system run in handheld mode even tho its being charge via usb?
Is the 15v needs to switch the switch into console mode?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any "Download Play" features in the games? Now sure what multiplayer games you will have if any.
Will be on the lookout for that!
Can you make pictures of it?
What's inside the settings menu?
Which games can you play?
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, 1-2-Switch, Snipperclips
What about having a long play of Zelda or any other game available there -in portable mode- and check if it is comfortable to play, doesn't skip too much, how annoying is it on your hands, etc. (I say, I plan to use it as a portable, so "thoughts of using it as a portable")
This I'm interested in as well. I know the visuals will suffer in handheld mode, but I wonder by how much. I'll keep you posted.
It uses USB type C doesn't it? I doubt it has to come from a mains outlet; charging via laptop or w/e is probably fine. That's what I did with my Wii U gamepad AFAIK but if I get the chance to test for sure on the Switch I will
Oh, seriously now, something I've been curious about is if the console gets hot after some time using it.
I can only answer in the range of 2 hours :)
Look out for a way to run unsigned code.
pulling out the cart while saving in BotW makes it crash -> NEW ENTRYPOINT CONFIRMED
As others said we have seen a fair bit of coverage already so go do you. If you have some capability for high speed video then maybe some more of that. I would like some detailed measurements of things but I can wait until someone has it there with a micrometer and callipers (between the official stuff and http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-nintendo-switch-live-hands-on-coverage.457053/page-3#post-7010398 I am sated for now).
If you have two hours hands on I might consider some more extended testing -- to the best of my knowledge, and certainly for what we did, it was all fairly short bursts. Holding it for hours in one hand/with one hand dominating could be something worth hearing about.
I guess I would not mind seeing some more of the menu but if it is a choice between new game/level/section and that then do that, I kind of want to say even if it is just dance but I won't go that far.

Maybe try to "break" the controllers -- I played that safe cracking game and it was quite nice actually, however I failed in my mission and neglected to wave it around like I was playing the drums or something to see how it responded.
Whoa, I think I might be lacking in apparatus for some of those requests :P. I'm just an 18 y/o casual going to a warehouse after uni to play tomorrow and I'm willing to take pictures (if I'm allowed) and talk/write about it

yea, if i play it in bed handheld and i need to charge it i wanna know if i can just plug it into my laptop or cellphone charger.

The system is listed at 15v, the battery inside is listed as 3.7v (same as cellphones,3ds any normal usb chargeable device).
But this info hasnt been shared. Will the system run in handheld mode even tho its being charge via usb?
Is the 15v needs to switch the switch into console mode?
I'll see if this is something I can find out

Reactions: BlackWizzard17

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see if you can have both the joycons and the pro controller paired at the same time, so you can dock your switch with the joy cons attached and just use the pro controller

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about the smoothness of the gameplay as well. As well as and of any juttering. what kind of scaling it does between handheld and tv mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1