• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

"I'm gonna roll this down like GTA!" 14 year old girl opens fire with AK-47 on police

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if someone has a fucking automatic their def into something illict anyways (drug dealing, gang activity or just plain paranoid ect) any normal 9mm hell even a glock would suffice to take down any thief because i doubt they invest in body armor unless they rob idk drug lords?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Whoa...This thread weirds me out on many levels. Let's see...

1) on a five page article that mostly discusses two children, gun ownership and foster parenting, the @OP selects on phrase about video games and pretends that's the entire reason the girl did what they did. Perhaps it's not trolling, but it's close to it (hint: it wasn't the girl who said that) and the OP is probably watching the replies eating popcorn.

2) @Xzi and @SG854 demonstrate that guns don't offer protection either IN or OUT of a safe. Do you really have to live outside of the US to be able to make the purely logical deduction that therefore, guns simply DON'T offer protection?

3) apparently, the article never raises questions why a normal Florida (Floridian?) household with kids has "a handgun, pump shotgun and an AK-47 inside, as well as a large amount of ammunition" lying around.

4) break-ins by 12 and 14-year olds? Okay, they're orphans, but doesn't that just make things worse?

5) erm...can I discuss @Lilith Valentine 's signature here (so...girls are actually bad at just...being themselves? :unsure:) here, or is that something for the EOF? :P
If you are going to imply that we should ban guns then also might as well ban alcohol. More people die from Alcohol then guns. More people die from drunk releated car crashes then school shootings. Alcohol is the more dangerous thing here.

Sometimes people just leave alcohol lying around where kids can have access to.

We did reduce the number of car accidents and drunk related deaths over the years by putting in restrictions and threats like taking away your license. We put in things to reduce alcohol related deaths and you can see over the years it's decreased. We did this without outright banning alcohol. We tried outright banning on the past and you know what happened. Gang activity rose.

We can also implement stuff to reduce gun deaths without outright banning it.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people are treating their assumptions as fact in this thread. Nowhere in the news article(s) is it reported that any of the guns involved were just "laying around in the open," which is how it has been characterized here many times. They could have been in gun cases. They could have been in a traditional locked gun cabinet (not the same as a gun safe, but traditional security against child tampering). All the article says is the little burglars "found" the guns. It also says they tore up, and shot up, the guy's house. So it is not unreasonable to allow they may have had to do some breaking into cabinets or cases before they found the guns. Or, the guns could have been laying out in plain view on a table, ready to roll. You don't know. It isn't reported, either way.

If these little burglars had broken into this house, stolen a large knife from the kitchen, then gone out and stabbed some people to death ... would you be saying the homeowner shouldn't have been leaving big knives out where anyone who broke into his house could take them? If they stole some opioid medications from the bathroom medicine cabinet and then OD'd on them, would you be saying the homeowner shouldn't have been leaving deadly drugs where anyone who broke into his house was likely to find them?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
A lot of people are treating their assumptions as fact in this thread. Nowhere in the news article(s) is it reported that any of the guns involved were just "laying around in the open," which is how it has been characterized here many times. They could have been in gun cases. They could have been in a traditional locked gun cabinet (not the same as a gun safe, but traditional security against child tampering). All the article says is the little burglars "found" the guns. It also says they tore up, and shot up, the guy's house. So it is not unreasonable to allow they may have had to do some breaking into cabinets or cases before they found the guns. Or, the guns could have been laying out in plain view on a table, ready to roll. You don't know. It isn't reported, either way.

If these little burglars had broken into this house, stolen a large knife from the kitchen, then gone out and stabbed some people to death ... would you be saying the homeowner shouldn't have been leaving big knives out where anyone who broke into his house could take them? If they stole some opioid medications from the bathroom medicine cabinet and then OD'd on them, would you be saying the homeowner shouldn't have been leaving deadly drugs where anyone who broke into his house was likely to find them?
I was going to make the same comment you did about assumption. But then I realized if the owner did good saftey precautions and put then in a safe and is the only one that knows the code, some random kids that break in aren't going to know that code.

They were being chased by cops earlier so the chances of them having the time to find guns in cabinets is slim. It said they were evading the police for hours so it's possible they had time to find them if they were in the house for a long time.

Out in the open seems the most plausible scenario.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Even if that was the case, nothing's really "out in the open" if you have to commit burglary to get to it.
If people can see your gun(s) through a window, it's out in the open. And if you leave them like that when you're away from the house, you should 100% expect them to be gone when you get back, most likely along with other valuables. It's straight-up an invitation.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Tell me where I said it was the gun's fault. I said it's the fault of our society for failing to foster a healthy gun culture and it's also the fault of a lack of good education on proper gun use. It is partially the owner's fault for not properly taking care of their firearms. Callously leaving weapons in a position where children can easily access them is dangerously irresponsible. It's like leaving the stove on or putting metal in the microwave. It's foolish and leads to inevitable danger. This is why we need proper gun education. Did you read what I said or does it just go in one ear and out the other? I literally own guns, I have guns in my house.

You're still blaming the owner when you have no idea how the weapons were stored. Even if they were laying out on the coffee table it still wouldn't be the owners fault. That's like saying if someone breaks into your house and trips on a toy left on the stairs that you should be held liable. You're rambling utter nonsense.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you are going to imply that we should ban guns then also might as well ban alcohol. More people die from Alcohol then guns. More people die from drunk releated car crashes then school shootings. Alcohol is the more dangerous thing here.

Sometimes people just leave alcohol lying around where kids can have access to.

We did reduce the number of car accidents and drunk related deaths over the years by putting in restrictions and threats like taking away your license. We put in things to reduce alcohol related deaths and you can see over the years it's decreased. We did this without outright banning alcohol. We tried outright banning on the past and you know what happened. Gang activity rose.

We can also implement stuff to reduce gun deaths without outright banning it.

Murder is already illegal.

The budding Liberals in this thread simply hate the fact we have the second amendment and the US Constitution as a whole. They are trying to shift blame away from the actual cause (the children) and place it on objects that don't think or even operate by themselves (guns).

If people can see your gun(s) through a window, it's out in the open. And if you leave them like that when you're away from the house, you should 100% expect them to be gone when you get back, most likely along with other valuables. It's straight-up an invitation.

So if I leave my Playstation 5 connected to my 4K HDTV that you can see through the window it would be my fault if someone tresspassed, broke into my home and stole my stuff? I guess I should board up my windows you know, so some random stranger can't blame me for other peoples actions. You Liberals must have really long arms with all the reaching you find yourselves doing to push your Marxist agenda on others.

Last edited by Deleted member 559230,

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You're still blaming the owner when you have no idea how the weapons were stored. Even if they were laying out on the coffee table it still wouldn't be the owners fault. That's like saying if someone breaks into your house and trips on a toy left on the stairs that they should be held liable. You're rambling utter nonsense.
It absolutely would be their fault if they left their weapons on the coffee table. Have you not heard of the Doinya clause?

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
It absolutely would be their fault if they left their weapons on the coffee table. Have you not heard of the Doinya clause?

No, and if it's a proponent of blaming the home owner for what happens after a thief breaks into their home then it's utter bullshit. Like I said, if a robber trips and falls on something in your house after he broke in to steal you stuff you would with your logic place the blame on the home owner. Utter nonsense.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No, and if it's a proponent of blaming the home owner for what happens after a thief breaks into their home then it's utter bullshit. Like I said, if a robber trips and falls on something in your house after he broke in to steal you stuff you would with your logic place the blame on the home owner. Utter nonsense.
Doinya mom ya fuckin idiot gottem

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You Liberals must have really long arms with all the reaching you find yourselves doing to push your Marxist agenda on others.
I have feeling you're fucking clueless when it comes to Marx's stance on guns. My stance aligns with his, but I'd add that we probably need more stringent laws where the storage of guns is concerned. It's pathetic, but clearly too many adults in this country won't act like adults unless the law requires them to. And then idiots like you come along to defend irresponsible choices after they've already caused harm or death.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is like wearing a short skirt is asking to be raped. GTFO.

And you're still making assumptions about where the guns were.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is like wearing a short skirt is asking to be raped. GTFO.
One of the most stolen objects in America versus a person's right to sexual autonomy. Bad analogy, apples and oranges.

And you're still making assumptions about where the guns were.
This is one instance where we can assume that either the kids knew about his guns beforehand, or they were visible from outside the house. In either case, mistakes were made.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the most stolen objects in America versus a person's right to sexual autonomy. Bad analogy, apples and oranges.

No, you have the analogy wrong. The correct analogy is a person's right to a secure and unviolated home is as to a person's right to a secure an unviolated physical body. Guns have nothing to do with it. And I don't say that to equate home invasion with rape (though persons whose homes are burglarized are frequently traumatized by the violation), but with either situation, it is criminal to force entry. And victim blaming is wrong.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No, you have the analogy wrong. The correct analogy is a person's right to a secure and unviolated home is as to a person's right to a secure an unviolated physical body. Guns have nothing to do with it.
Of course guns have something to do with it, I'm flat out telling you that leaving your guns somewhere in your car or house where they're visible to passersby increases the statistical likelihood of your car/house being broken into by a substantial amount. How this isn't a well-known fact baffles me. You can own guns and not be an idiot, tons of people manage both every day, myself included.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep: