Hacking I'm going to update to 4.2 through nintendo

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(delete that old topic its title was misleading)
i was trying to update to 4.2 and i messed up on installing and uninstalling some ios's now for some reason none of my applications will load from the hbc. I've also tried bannerbomb and that didn't work either. So now im thinking about updating through nintendo and hacking 4.2. Is this the only thing i can do now? What happens if my wii bricks, will nintendo see that it has been hacked?

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Look for this hex string:
2B 0A 00 24
in any libogc compiled application. These applications run from IOS36 by default always. You must be missing IOS36 and almost all Wii applications need it, even if they use the IOS_Reload function later on the code.
That 24 in hex means that application will run from IOS36 (24 hex=36 decimal) by default. Take Dop-IOS for example and change that string to:
2B 0A 00 F9
So it will run from IOS249. I suppose you still have cIOS installed. Then you can use Dop-IOS to reinstall your IOS.
If not, you can change it for any IOS but then the program will try to make a IOS_Reload to cIOS and it won't work. Use Dop-IOS mod in that case and follow the same steps.

Or just update with any game.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
JJBro1 said:
(delete that old topic its title was misleading)
i was trying to update to 4.2 and i messed up on installing and uninstalling some ios's now for some reason none of my applications will load from the hbc. I've also tried bannerbomb and that didn't work either. So now im thinking about updating through nintendo and hacking 4.2. Is this the only thing i can do now? What happens if my wii bricks, will nintendo see that it has been hacked?

If you're worried about bricking because of the boot2 update, then what you've been doing is far more risky.

However you might be able to run new applications from the home brew channel. I had to update genplus gx after updating to 4.2, because that just black screened.
That might have been because libogc has been changed so it doesn't reload the ios straight away.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction