I'm going to try a translation project, but...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Inunah, Dec 18, 2009.

Dec 18, 2009
  1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    I'd like to start a full 100% translation (possibly excluding menus since you see English anyway before the actual buttons load) of Daigasso! Band Brothers, but I'm lacking in all the basics you need to translate a game.

Is there any sort of thing that can help me learn how to do all this business in under 5 minutes so I can get started on this project? My attention span for learning all that coding junk would be about 2.5 minutes, so I can't be fooling with stuff that takes hours to figure out. (I got bored reading the intros to every single aspect of ROM hacking on romhacking.net, that's how low my attention span is for this kind of stuff)
    I'll also need someone with knowledge of Japanese..... :\ I'm not too keen with the stuff.. I can read the romaji to an extent (I know the grammar, but I need a translator thingy for individual words) but Kanji and Hiragana/Katakana are beyond my knowledge. I barely know the symbol for light, let alone all those other squiggly pictures.
    And once all this junk is taken care of, I'll probably need to put a call out for beta testers....

Any help for me?
    I've wanted to go about this for a long time, maybe build upon someone else's partial translation, but I just really haven't found any way to want to do it until now....

2. neoxephon

Member neoxephon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That right there is your clue that ROM translation is not for you. We cannot dump the knowledge into your brain. ROM hacking is not something that you learn in minutes or even weeks, it takes months to become "good" at it. I'd recommend another hobby that doesn't have patience and high attention span so close to the top of the "most important" list.

3. DarthNemesis

Member DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    This game is great for learning them: http://lrnj.com/

4. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    So you need a translator and also someone who can code, or has a knowledge of rom hacking. What exactly are you contributing then? [​IMG]

5. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    I was gonna do the hack if it didn't take too long to learn how......