I'm going to import a 3DS and have a question.

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by auron20, Mar 17, 2011.

1. auron20
    OP

auron20 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2005
    Hi, I'm going to import a japanese 3DS and I want to know if a eur dsi adapter works fine in a jap 3DS.

2. Xuphor

Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

Banned
    Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Nevermind, I made a stupid mistake.

3. kthnxshwn

kthnxshwn Banned

Banned
    May 2, 2010
    United States
    It's take longer for it to get to where you live and cost more than to wait, 5 days, wouldn't it?

4. boktor666

boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Jun 16, 2010
    Netherlands
    Holland, somewhere :D
    imoporting from....... japan? I wouldnt if I were you. I don't really know about the charger, but the fact is that it Might be region locked. IF your still going to import, you should always check the adaptor specs [​IMG]

5. auron20
    OP

auron20 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2005
    That's the problem, I don't know if a power adaptor pal for dsi works on a jap 3DS, but well I have a japanese wii and it works fine with the pal wii power adaptor.

6. mikehammerX9

mikehammerX9 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2006
    Greece
  7. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
    fixed

also, a eur charger will work fine (same handheld, diff system menu installed) but why the hell bother? there is like 8 days until you can buy a european console which will accept locally bought games, be in your native language and cost a crap-load less

8. koji2009

koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    The Japanese charger will NOT work with a european wall socket... but a european charger WILL work with a Japanese 3DS.

Also as stated... 3DS is region locked so you couldn't play european games on it which would be a bit of a pain in the ass.

9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Why not just wait for it to be released? It's going to be released in a few days and you can't even use other region games on it, so you will have to always be importing Japanese games, which isn't cheap. It would be cheaper just to wait and buy it when it comes out.

10. cbutters

cbutters Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2006
    Don't do it.... I imported a DSi from japan, and being that I can't read japanese, I could play games ok, but the nintendo store and stuff was really hard to navigate. flashcart was fine and in english, but I was bothered by it so much I eventually sold it and bought a US DSi.... So don't waste your money, launch date is almost here anyways. (And no..... unless someone finds a way to hack the firmware (unlikely any time soon) there will be no way to translate the menu items to english) It never happened for the DSi and most likely won't happen on the 3DS either, unless we get some really good hackers who take an interest. (unlikely)

11. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Jun 1, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    Why not to wait a few days and import it from USA? Cheaper and more understandable games.

12. Ssx9

Ssx9 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 31, 2009
    Brazil
    Probably due to region locking.

13. Donald Serrot

Donald Serrot GBAtemp Fan

May 11, 2009
    United States
    Some things people keep forgetting to think with their cries of "WHYYY WOULD YOU DO THAAAAT?!?!?"
    Why do you want a system that won't be compatible with games from your region? Is it so that you can still import games from Japan and be able to play them? Mad scientist experiments with compatibility? Just didn't think about that while region locking thing?