I'm going to be honest here, Nintendo is focusing more on wii U than anything else

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Guinea, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Guinea
    OP

Guinea That one computer nerd...

Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
    Like seriously, 90% of Nintendo's games this year were for the overpriced and overrated wii U.. Instaid they should work on more 3DS games.. The only really good one this year was smash...

2. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Funny 'cos the Wii U people say the opposite.

3. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    Considering the Wii U needed a big surge in sales, I'm going to end this sentence with a big fat "No surprises there, bud." :)

4. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Well well well...
    First, the Wii U is overrated? I've never seen a console this underrated over the Internet (and even IRL, when talking with some people...). I mean, I really think the Wii U is a great console. Seriously. But since all people are like "omg ze wi u iz shit coz it haz poor grafics & n0 3rd party gems lmao" these days, its reputation is really low from what I've seen.
    Secondly, overpriced? It's the cheapest home console on the market right now. Yes, if you look at the price only looking at the hardware, it's a bit pricey, I totally agree. But the Wii U has the cheapest games on the market, and some of the 1st party games are really great. At least, I think they are much better that the traditionals FPSes everyone having a PS4 will buy each year.
    Finally, Nintendo released MM3D, Pokemon OR/AS and Smash this year, and there are some awesome 3rd party games on the 3DS, while there is no great 3rd party game on the Wii U. So it's perfectly understandable that they focus on that. And actually, if you look at it, the only really great games for the Wii U released this year were Smash, Splatoon and Mario Maker. So I don't really think the 3DS is left behind...

Maximilious likes this.
  5. nexuspunk

nexuspunk the mysterious one.

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    team plasma castle.
    the problem with the wii u is some of the games that where wii you only games, (some games like earthbound zero included) could have easily been released on the 3ds as well. however the problem with that was that, nintendo figured that the wii u should be getting certain games even if the 3ds AND wii u could play them. honestly if they released games both systems could play, for both systems then people wouldn't be getting so pissed at nintendo. sure the 3ds has a great library already, but some of the games released for either system easily could play on the other just as well so wtf nintendo?

6. Jwiz33

Jwiz33

Banned
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
  7. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    just an act of desperation, at least Iwata would be spared from witnessing the bitter end

8. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    Wii U had more games than the 3DS this year, but that's not to say that Nintendo's not ignoring the console. Now they're just ignoring both platforms.

I'm hoping it's for a good reason (A shit ton of good AAA first party games for the NX launch).

Edit: Also, why are people thinking that Smash 4 came out this year? It's almost been out for a whole year now.

Last edited by MarioFanatic64, Sep 30, 2015
  9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    As it should be. The 3DS already has a strong library, and has been out longer than the Wii U, so you can expect new releases to slow down sooner. The Wii U sorely needs more great games made for it.

10. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Well, Wii U gets no games too. Nintendo general seems to be dead. No exciting news, no exciting announcements. Its sad.

11. Tieracloud

Tieracloud Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    We love our Wii U. Just wished more games came out for it.

12. Varia

Varia GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2010
    Smash was released last year...
    And WiiU overrated? Is this a joke?

TheKawaiiDesu likes this.
  13. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    So for shits and giggles I decided to look at Wii U's exclusive titles to see what's good (in my opinion).

Pikmin 3
    Super Mario Maker ✓
    Bayonetta 2 ✓
    Xenoblade Chronicles X ✓
    Super Smash Bros. ✓
    Wind Waker HD ✓
    Splatoon
    Mario Kart 8 ✓
    NES Remix
    Game and Wario

and out of those titles the only ones i'd actually play I marked off. So there's not a whole lot going on for the Wii U.

14. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    I feel the same way. I feel a little "betrayed" by how Nintendo thinks "well, we got a lot more people with a 3DS, so they can wait while we try to resurrect our home console". I was one of those who bought the first 3DS at its original price because I thought "well, it deserves the money", then the hardware problems but I was like "eh, I have a silicone cover, no problem", then the price cut and I was like "well, I get 20 vc games, no problem", then the lack of 3D virtual console games, then the lack of games promised for the first year and then delayed to death or cancelled, then the ridicolous virtual console games choice in the eShop (sure, let me buy Pac-Man for Game Boy, or that awful Baseball game I can't play with a friend), then the stupid circle pad pro, then the "oh, Smash is too stronk, no circle pad for you filithy day-one bastards".
    But all this would have been fine, if the Wii U wouldn't have kept trying to steal the light off the 3DS.
    Man, I hope the NX will get the same games with no difference. The 3DS feels like the last Nintendo console I'm getting anyway.

15. glitterandgameing

glitterandgameing Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    Wii U really is over rated... just my opinion though. 3DS's don't get enough creds!