Hacking I'm going to be buying a DSi and need some advice on Flash Carts..

dude3991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, so I've been using a regular R4 on my DS lite and love it. So, I'm upgrading to a DSi and know I need a new flashcart. I was originally planning on getting an R4i but I've just seen the R4i Gold and was thinking that's a possibility. But, I only ever hear people singing praises on Acekard 2i on AKAIO, so I'm kind of torn. So I'm just wondering what one I should get. I'm just looking for something that will play my games (no media, I don't think) and be supported for the long run with good compatibility. Also looking for something cheap. Oh, and I'm in the UK if that matters.

Could anyone help me out please!

terminator99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Take my advice and get an M3i Zero (Sakura). Its the best flash kart i have used so far, i also have ackekard 2i (AKAIO) which i rate second best.
yaynds.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeh if i was u i wud stear clear of r4 coz there teams seem to disapear after a while. ( Orignal R4s are still great tho as i do have one myself )

Id go with either M3i0 or Acekard 2i as they are both great cards with great teams. I have an M3i0 and its never gave me any problems and sakura is beautiful but obviously the acekard is great aswell and all i have heard is praise for AKAIO so go for either of them

There is also the Edgei which im definitly looking forward to. i will be getting one of these straight away as i absolutely love my edge and even if this is just identical but for dsi it will still be amazing ( Edge is just a clone of the cyclo but does have a very trustworthy team in my eyes and so isnt really classed as a clone)

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
danny600kill said:
Yeh if i was u i wud stear clear of r4 coz there teams seem to disapear after a while. ( Orignal R4s are still great tho as i do have one myself )

Id go with either M3i0 or Acekard 2i as they are both great cards with great teams. I have an M3i0 and its never gave me any problems and sakura is beautiful but obviously the acekard is great aswell and all i have heard is praise for AKAIO so go for either of them

There is also the Edgei which im definitly looking forward to. i will be getting one of these straight away as i absolutely love my edge and even if this is just identical but for dsi it will still be amazing ( Edge is just a clone of the cyclo but does have a very trustworthy team in my eyes and so isnt really classed as a clone)
NO. Anything with the name R4 in it, get the hell outta there. Get a Acekard 2i or M3i Zero.

dude3991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I'm leaning towards the AceKard 2i with AKAIO. On the website I would buy it off it says I can pay a few pounds so I can have it PreFlashed with 1.4 DSi Fix. Would this be necessary? I'm assuming yes but I'm wondering if this will effect the firmware? But I'm not too knowledgeable on DSi flash carts, so could anyone talk me through this?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
luke_c said:
NO. Anything with the name R4 in it, get the hell outta there. Get a Acekard 2i or M3i Zero.

The R4 is still a great card with ysmenu. yes i do agree that i wudnt buy one now but if u do have one already ur not stuck as it still works fine.

OT : Im not sure about falshing the acekard but i dont think you will need to pay that extra few quid unless u really dont want to do it as there are many people who can help you set the card up

Edit : Damn Pharaoh im positive you can read minds and then have the advantage of typing faster than me . Read above ^^

dude3991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So does the AceKard 2i come with flashing software? Or do I just download it from the AceKard website?

I'm still not really sure on the process on flashing the firmware though. So, I use my DS lite to flash the cart with the DSi flashing software them it'd work on my DSi?

Also, I won't be getting my DSi till Christmas, so is there much chance a new firmware will be released that could make the carts not work again?

Sorry about all this confirmation, it's quite a bit of money so if I **** it up and break something, I won't be very happy.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can get all the stuff from the site and members will help you. yes they may bring out another thing to block falshcarts but if u have done the first update you will no how to update the next time so dont be worried.

You flash the acekard then put it in your ds lite or ds. it then updates and then you can use it on your 1.4 dsi.

dude3991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I think I get it now.I've got a DS lite btw on V5. So So I put the file on my AceKard that is for 1.4 and DS lite, then run it from the AceKard menu on my DS lite and then it would work on my DSi. I think that's right anyway...

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dude3991 said:
Thanks. I think I get it now.I've got a DS lite btw on V5. So So I put the file on my AceKard that is for 1.4 and DS lite, then run it from the AceKard menu on my DS lite and then it would work on my DSi. I think that's right anyway...

yeh thats basically it, if you need more help check the site or the video pharoah kindly posted

dude3991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool! Thanks everyone, you've all been a great help! I'll probably almost definitely get an AceKard2i. I'm looking forward to Christmas this year! Lol.

Thanks again!
smile.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dude3991 said:
Cool! Thanks everyone, you've all been a great help! I'll probably almost definitely get an AceKard2i. I'm looking forward to Christmas this year! Lol.

Thanks again!
smile.gif

No problem thts what we are here for.

Have a great christmas and hope it all goes well (which it will)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.