Im getting ready to send my wii to nintendo

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JJBro1, May 10, 2008.

May 10, 2008
  1. JJBro1
    OP

Member JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok for some strange reason my wii decided not to read ANYTHING, it wont even make the humming sound to let you know that its reading something. Its all strange because it happened out of no where in mid game and now it won't even bother to read the disc. So I'm REALLY thinking about sending it to nintendo (unless i can get a solution) but i dont want them to see all the hacked vc games, all the homebrew that i have and the history i have on my message board like "Homebrew channel:1:24". So what do i need to make my wii innocent again? So do you think my homebrew bricked it cuz it bricked the same week i started to install all of these hacks. Does anyone have a soltuion to fix my wii? The LAST thing i want to do is send it to nintendo.

2. 420

Newcomer 420 Member

United States
    hmm that happened to me once, when i recently bought my Wii. I sent my Wii to the guy who modded the console though. He said it was because i updated to 3.2U :S so since than im scare of updating my Wii. [​IMG]

3. link459

Member link459 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Delete the WADs, then Format your Wii!

4. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Clear user data should do the trick...

Have you chipped the wii though? I'm sure the big N frowns on hardware tampering.

5. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Just format your wii is best. and if you have a mod chip remember to take it off and clean any left over traces of solder