I'm getting married for legal citizenship.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know most of you kids are too young to know anything about marriage but I figure maybe some people may know a thing or two to prepare me??

So far I am giving a girl X amount of dollars split in 3 portions...one up front, one after the papers go through and final part in 2 years when I become legal.

I am paying a lot of money and don't want to blow this....get denied at the interview...so anybody here ever do what I am doing? Anybody able to give me some advise?

If its a fake marriage do I still get wedding gifts from you all???

PrinceIcee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you really....love...the girl

if not, get married, bang her a coupel of times then get a divorce

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
good luck, hope it works out, also helps if you dont advertise your getting married for citizenship heh, i can say she'll get annoying after a few months or a year if you dont love her. personally think it would be better to find a girl you like then get married to her.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the American Government is watching my posting on GBATemp....nor do they know who I am....so I think I am pretty safe....

but it is a 2 year process and it is very unlikely I will be having sex with the girl so we can drop that. We won't even be living together.

Again this is only for citizenship....since I have no friends or family I don't know who to trust on the matter so I was hoping somebody here would have some advise.

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If she is single, meaning not married or does not have a BF w/e, then get to know her. Im not talking about dates, but hang out, get to know her, and on the interview, don't sound like your answers are scripted.

Basically, be her friend.

animalsex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cousins ex-husband did this without her knowing..divorced her a few weeks later..fucking douchebag

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope the person is reliable and knows how to act natural during the interviews. Just try to be natural and everything is going to be fine. But honestly, does it worth the money? I would wait until I find someone I really love and accept the marriage without any money involved.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This has to either be a troll or you don't understand the process.

Statuses are
1. Conditional Permanent resident - hold for 2 years
2. Permanent Resident
3. Citizenship

Steps 1 & 2 involve interviews two years apart. #3 happens after 3 or 4 years total. You need documents to prove you live together, joint accounts, bills addressed to both of you, etc. The interviewers will see right through bullshit. The woman will probably take off after the first payment (I've heard of this happening BTW.) Don't try it. Your only choice is to legitimately marry an American woman which is hard because they make terrible, inattentive, untrustworthy wives.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOL Me a troll?

I already have set up the following:

*A apartment for $600 USD a month where we both be on the lease, Basically I am just sitting on the apartment for proof of residence,

*I have 3 bank accounts, I will put her on one and not give her access, we have already talked about this.

*And we are prepared to file our taxes together one year

So the only hard part I see is the interview....

Unless someone else knows something that may block me from accomplishing my goal.

I have to try it cause I am not ready to go home and I lost my identification which makes living here a pain in the ass. Option 2 is to get a fake ID which I may consider if plan 1 fails. As of right now the hardest part I see is the interview

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
That's the stupidest reason to marry someone.

My cousin got screwed over because of something like this. She loved the guy so much and he only married her to be a citizen, and then he divorced her.

Can't, and won't, support you there. Find somebody you love to get your citizenship.

P

pasc

Yep, in that point you are right hankchill, never marry someone you don't really like.... it may break your neck. Playing with other's feelings for MoNeY is a very bad thing to do... nearly as bad as to kill someone (ok, that is a bad comparison, but I just wanted to show that is REALLY bad).

But to be honest, I don't think you will follow us cause we're just the stupid internet guys, there to entertain you, right ?

If so: Man get a REAL life...

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
That's the stupidest reason to marry someone.

My cousin got screwed over because of something like this. She loved the guy so much and he only married her to be a citizen, and then he divorced her.

Can't, and won't, support you there. Find somebody you love to get your citizenship.

But he's not playing with the girl, he's paying her! She knows what she's doing.
I can't help, but I wish you success.

EDIT Fraternal:
Hey hermana, si checas este thread quizas veas porque tengo esa lista, veras tambien a un par de miembros de ella e incluso alguien de nuevo ingreso
laugh.gif

inovermyheadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This has to either be a troll or you don't understand the process.

Statuses are
1. Conditional Permanent resident - hold for 2 years
2. Permanent Resident
3. Citizenship

Steps 1 & 2 involve interviews two years apart. #3 happens after 3 or 4 years total. You need documents to prove you live together, joint accounts, bills addressed to both of you, etc. The interviewers will see right through bullshit. The woman will probably take off after the first payment (I've heard of this happening BTW.) Don't try it. Your only choice is to legitimately marry an American woman which is hard because they make terrible, inattentive, untrustworthy wives.

lol....the last part of this is quite an over generalization; there are many women in the us who would make wonderful, trustworthy wives...Your plan is flawed though and fooling the interviewers will be a challenge to you.

Good luck though...my advice is to do what makes you happy and be patient, b/c it is a long ass process

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i have a best friend of 5 years who wanted to marry me for british citizenship but i said no because it's not love, i want to marry someone i care about, we are still friends though.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually, just father a child here. That's what all the Mexicans do.
Haha... that's not always true, some legal children get kicked out of the U.S. that way. It is a loophole, but there's a high possibility that the children will just be the one who gets the worst out of the deal.

P

pasc

@lagman: it STILL is stupid, it just does not feel right. There should be another way to get a legal citizenship. Just search.

@jalaneme: what do you mean by "of 5 years" ? That he is 5 ? Or am I misunderstanding something ? I guess it's the latter one...

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
google it newb pen1s man
biggrin.gif
u have to be married for 5 years. u should check with an immigration lawyer to see if you even need to bother with any of that.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
@lagman: it STILL is stupid, it just does not feel right. There should be another way to get a legal citizenship. Just search.

@jalaneme: what do you mean by "of 5 years" ? That he is 5 ? Or am I misunderstanding something ? I guess it's the latter one...

I agree with you.

BTW 5 years of friendship
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."