Hacking I'm getting a New 3DS, and I have a 9.2 3DS, what should I do?

TheConfuZzledDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already have a 9.2 3DS, but I'm soon to get the Ambassador New 3DS. I don't have a Gateway, but as far as i can tell, thanks to the latest update I can still access some of the features without the card (emunand classic I believe is possible?). I'm stuck deciding what I should do with it, as I want to have my New 3DS have 9.4 sysnand with all my games, and use my old 3ds as a homebrew device. So, can I, create an emunand copy of my sysnand on my current 3ds, update that, then do a system transfer to the New 3DS, then downgrade my old 3ds to 4.5? Will this work, or will I encounter problems (i.e. no gateway)?

TheConfuZzledDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that gateway doesn't support new 3ds right now. I don't want to have anything on my new 3ds. The problem is that I need to do a system transfer from my old 3ds to the new 3ds, but that'll mean I have to update the old one and lose the ability to load homebrew.

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would someone ever want sysnand 9.4? kudos for having all original games, but even then I wouldnt update to 9.4, I'd buy a Gateway, DG to 4.5 run emunand 9.4 and dump my legit games so I could have them all on one card.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I believe, if your emunand is the "fresh" copy of your system nand (emunand requires gateway red card to be in the card slot btw), you can then update your emunand, and initiate a system transfer.

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why would someone ever want sysnand 9.4? kudos for having all original games, but even then I wouldnt update to 9.4, I'd buy a Gateway, DG to 4.5 run emunand 9.4 and dump my legit games so I could have them all on one card.

In my situation- I had a 3DS XL at 9.2, which I wanted to downgrade, but to avoid all of the headaches of saves not working and confusion/possibly losing my Eshop purchases, I decided to buy a cheap 2DS to transfer my system to. So now I have a clean-slate downgraded 3DS XL, and a 2DS with my purchases and profile still intact.

TheConfuZzledDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so consensus is it is technically possible but two questions:

1. Do I need the gateway card? I read somewhere that I can do emuNAND classic without having the red card, but I'm not sure. I know the launcher works without it.
  2. Does creating emuNAND format the sd card? Once again I'm not really sure of how that works.

TheConfuZzledDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shit, it just blackscreens :( Well I guess I'm gonna bite the bullet and update to 9.4 and wait for another exploit (not that that'll happen soon). Maybe I'll sell my 3DS and buy a 4.5 3ds...

Though I did make a backup of my nand via the launcher, so I guess I can find someone to flash it for me...

TheConfuZzledDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't done it yet, but why not? I wanna transfer to my New 3DS, and I'm not gonna buy a gateway. It's not like I really need the hack, I just thought it would be nice. Plus I can always get someone to flash my nand backup onto my old 3ds if I do want it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1