Hacking I'm getting a CycloDS in like.. In 2 or 3 months.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know it's a long time.
tongue.gif

Alright. Here's my rant.

I have an R4 and I'm quite happy with it.
Now I'm looking towards more expensive Flashcart solutions. And the CycloDS GUI is just downright sexy, and the features it holds are amazing.

It has native 3 in 1 support, right? This means.. I get to boot GBA games from the CycloDS GUI.. That is shmawsome.
And it has SDHC support.. I probably won't spew out $120+ for a CycloDS + MicroSDHC at one time, but I will get an SDHC later.
4/6 GB of ROMs.. Yummy.

Now if you find a place that sells CycloDS's cheaper than RHS, tell me. Nao!
nyanya.gif

If you find a place that sells SDHC's cheaper than Newegg, tell me.
nyanya.gif

Thank you.

~Nero

EDIT: ROFL. Wrong sub-forum, please move to CycloDS forums. I am like, drunk?
wink.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the 3in1 integration is that complete. It just automatically sets RAM and level 1 rumble

Ah.. So it's not full integration like the M3 Real + Exp. Packs.
What about the current build quality of the Batch 4 CycloDS's? They aren't DOA Carts anymore, right?
unsure.gif

~Nero

EDIT: Never mind.. I'll just spend 100 USD+ on our PS3.
Gotta help my brother.. So we can set up a little gaming station in one of our rooms.
We got a 26" LCD by Sharp, and we're finishing it up with a PS3, 2-4 games, and 5.1 Surround Sound by Sony or maybe Dolby. Sorry, got off topic.

Mods, you can close this thread. It's no use no more.
wink.gif

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, no more DOA's...the GBA functionality is going to be added to the Evolution software....common buddy, anything but the PS3! :'(

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, no more DOA's...the GBA functionality is going to be added to the Evolution software....common buddy, anything but the PS3! :'(

What's wrong with it?
Great titles coming out for it.. I don't see any reason to get a 360. Neither a Wii because we already have one hooked up to our TV.

~Nero

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, no more DOA's...the GBA functionality is going to be added to the Evolution software....common buddy, anything but the PS3! :'(
Agreed, PS3 is just horrible IMO. Not worth the money at all. No games appeal to me and has way too many features that I wouldn't want to pay for just to get a gaming system. I mean, I want to play games, not buy a super computer HD machine thing that costs like $600. That's the price of a pretty good desktop PC that can own PS3. Once it gets lower priced go for it. Focus more one your DS right now.

And yes, the cyclo can't launch GBA files through its menu although they did announce it will be comming soon. The only cart that I know that can do launch GBA files and integrate perfectly with the EZ Flash V 3in1 is the Acekard RPG and of course the EZ slot 1 itself.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Agreed, PS3 is just horrible IMO. Not worth the money at all. No games appeal to me and has way too many features that I wouldn't want to pay for just to get a gaming system. I mean, I want to play games, not buy a super computer HD machine thing that costs like $600. That's the price of a pretty good desktop PC that can own PS3. Once it gets lower priced go for it. Focus more one your DS right now.

And yes, the cyclo can't launch GBA files through its menu although they did announce it will be comming soon. The only cart that I know that can do launch GBA files and integrate perfectly with the EZ Flash V 3in1 is the Acekard RPG and of course the EZ slot 1 itself.

Well, it's priced at 400 USD at the lowest with 40GB HD. Same price as the 360 Premium.

And a CycloDS is quite expensive.. Almost as much as the AKRPG. I guess I shouldn't be a cheap bastard since I'm using it to play ROMs.. But is there a cheaper place than RHS?

~Nero

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PS3 is garbage, out of all the games there are, there's a minimum few that are passable. I regret buying my PS3 (except for maybe MGS which is coming soon) it gathers dust now. I bought a 360 to be content with my gaming situation.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS3 is garbage, out of all the games there are, there's a minimum few that are passable. I regret buying my PS3 (except for maybe MGS which is coming soon) it gathers dust now. I bought a 360 to be content with my gaming situation.

Well.. My brother dislikes the 360; he says too much FPS and too less RPG/Action. I tried to persuade him once but he's just a Sony/Ninty fanboy.
sleep.gif
As for me, I'm unbiased. But I'm not gonna pull out $400+ out of my ass for a 360 and a couple of games. I have a job, but I also go to school.. I don't like working all day long, but I usually do 3 or 4 hour shifts, which is around $25-30.

Whatever.. I think I'll go with my DS. I need the cheapest price I can get for the CycloDS.
biggrin.gif

If I buy it at RHS, it'll cost me $60 for the CycloDS alone! Not cool.
biggrin.gif

~Nero

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Well, it's priced at 400 USD at the lowest with 40GB HD. Same price as the 360 Premium.

And a CycloDS is quite expensive.. Almost as much as the AKRPG. I guess I shouldn't be a cheap bastard since I'm using it to play ROMs.. But is there a cheaper place than RHS?

~Nero
Correct me if I am wrong but I heard that most places are increasing the price of the cyclos last time I heard. Seems like real hot stuff is the best choice to me.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

*snip*
Well.. My brother dislikes the 360; he says too much FPS and too less RPG/Action.

Your brother needs to play Eternal Sonata.

List of 360 RPGs:
(Some of these are TBA)
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
Apocalypse: Desire Next
Blue Dragon
Enchanted Arms
Eternal Sonata
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Far East of Eden Ziria
Infinite Undiscovery
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Operation Darkness
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion + Shivering Isles
The Last Remnant
The Precursors
Two Worlds

Action/Adventure:
The list was too big to type out. Much bigger than FPS
Ninja Gaiden 2. Nuff said.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ya, seriously, nero, I don't know what your Bro is talking about. The 360 pretty much has a solid library in every genre, instead of making an excuse he could just say he doesn't like the 360. That's acceptable but what he said is not very true about the RPGs.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ya, seriously, nero, I don't know what your Bro is talking about. The 360 pretty much has a solid library in every genre, instead of making an excuse he could just say he doesn't like the 360. That's acceptable but what he said is not very true about the RPGs.

Also note that the majority of PS3 games that are actually decent have frame lag issues, glitches, control problems and are just plain broken.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This was supposed to be a flashkart debate, but now it's another 360 vs ps3 battle lol. I'll join in.

I know that the PS3 has the greatest proceesing power, but did they prove it in a game? No, they did not. I'd say that their first mistake was adding the blueray player. The thing is, when it first came out, No one knew how to make games with it. It's much harder to make games with, because almost no one in North America has ever even heard of blueray when it came out. Sony doesn't help the third parties at all, which send most of the third parties toward the xbox 360.

Another mistake was their outrageous price tag when it first came out. It was 599 US dollars, which was equivelant of over 650 dollars Canadian. It's fixed now, but that's what put it at a massive disadvantage.

Sony's last mistake was the fact that they discontinued the 60 gig in North America, and 20 gig and 60 gig in Japan. The new 40 gig PS3s' cannot play ps2 games, and the 80 gig is the most expensive one. Ps2 was one of the best consoles ever, with games coming out still, even as of today. They just killed the best lineup of games in history. That was just stupid.

Well, here's the list of the current good PS3 games, with a little summery:

Heavenly sword: A decent GOW rip-off, with only 4-5 hours of gameplay. No seriously. My friend beat it in 2 days, and he's completely regret buying it. Gamespot also said it was fantasic, but so short, that it can be finished in an afternoon.

Lair: It was promised to be the Ps3's best game, and it was a disasterous game. Poor, and confusing controls, and everything was a mess. The only redeeming part of it was it's visuals.

Resistance: FPS. Do I need to say more?

Ninja gaiden Sigma: Well, it's a great game, but it's a remake of a remake. If you haven't played Ninja Gaiden or Ninja Gaiden Black, it's good, but that's about it. Also, xbox 360's getting a Ninja Gaiden 2, and 360 ONLY, because Itagaki annouced that he prefers Microsoft over sony, because of Namco, the creator of tekken franchise.

The eye of Judgement: It's a card game.... And it recieved average marks

Uncharted: Drakes fortune: A great game, but not enough to make you buy a ps3.

Warhawk: It's very fun, but it's slightly overrated.

Rachet and Clank: Fun, but it's way too easy.

So far, there hasn't been any games that got a AAA mark as an average, while xbox 360 has more than 3 AAA titles.

The future line up is quite interesting, but it's not enough for me to buy a PS3. Here it is

God of war 3: 2009, It's gonna be good for sure
Final fantasy 13: 2009 Japan, probably 2010 in NA: For the fans of the Final fantasy franchise. It's in a danger of multi- platforming.
Metal gear solid 4: 2008 Q2-3, It'll be incredible, but it's also in the danger of multi-platform.
White Knight story: It looks like another average JRPG to me.....
Gran Turismo 5: Good looking graphics, but there's the Forza motorsport for the 360 as of the moment, and other racing games coming out.
Tekken 6: I used to be a big tekken fan, but since the 5th one, I was disappointed. The newest tekken looks bad.... I'm serious. I've played every single Tekken games in the franchise, and the new characters in Tekken 6, and their attacks, weren't very original, and were rip offs from other characters from the series.
Killzone 2: FPS.
Little big planet: Haven't seen it, but it's getting quite positive comments. I'll look forward to it.

It has a solid future lineup, which everybody can agree on, but I still prefer the 360 over the ps3. I want to play Fable 2, NG2, Gears of war 2, Alan Wake, Banjoo kazooe 3, Mass effect and it's trilogy coming out soon, dead rising, and Forza motorsport 2, and more. PS3 has those games, and that's about it.

Note: If you're a FF fan that bought a PS3, just for FF 13, then bad news, because Square Enix annouced that they didn't work on the FF 13 AT ALL in the year 2007. They've already working on it again though.

Before some of you label me as a Xbox 360 fanboy, I'm not one. I actually wanted the ps3 when it first came out. I really wanted to play DMC 4, Beatiful Catamari,and some other great games. But now, they've lost WAY too many exclusives to the 360. Sony's losing this battle.

Well, that ends the madness.

BTW, to get on topic, I'm also interested in buying a CycloDS. Where would be the cheapest place to buy it? I live in Canada.

misanthrope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't want Sony to tell me when I need an upgrade to DVDs, specially when it tells me at $599. Im glad the Wii its doing ok, in fact i wish Squeenix reconsider their things and bring back the main FF titles onto the Wii, seeing how its already capable of all the features they wanted and so.

It should be Wii for consoles and a PC for the games people for some silly reason play over the 360 with a controller instead of playing em properly with a mouse and keyboard.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I am wrong but I heard that most places are increasing the price of the cyclos last time I heard. Seems like real hot stuff is the best choice to me.
AFAIK ONLY mod-chip.com and divineo.com upped their prices with divineo being the worst offender going to $80 and mod-chip going to $65 both right before Christmas. Divineo has since backed down some, now down to $70 a piece, while mod-chip has remained @ $65.

Every other e-tailer that I've looked at that carries them has them at the same price that they always had them at. RHS is likely the best deal considering their cheap shipping if you live in the US/Canada as most of the other e-tailers have fairly high shipping rates even for domestic delivery considering the package would be about the cheapest rate possible given size/weight.

As to 3in1 support, yep only RAM expansion pack mode and rumble currently natively supported. Playing ROMs/homebrew requires the use of 3rd party apps, e.g. Rudolph's ExpPack Tool, but having earlier read about Rudolph's Acekard RPG hack, I've bumped up the 3in1 support thread @ the TC official forums requesting similar functionality in one of the future firmware updates.

Consoles:
IIRC I read an article several months ago detailing technical performance of an XBOX360 v. a PS3. The PS3 did NOT end up coming out very well, and subjective commentary makes it seem like PS3 game are not quite living up to the hype.

The XBOX360 OTOH has a problem similar to the original XBOX, alot of PC games or consolejacked PC games that if they don't come out for the PC at the same time, eventually will, and will be better on the PC as they will be much more moddable/patchable.

The PS3 has a decent chance of getting some decent console style games, but at $400 - 600 plus their game pricing, IMO they just priced themselves out of the toy market, which is exactly what I consider a console to be. Not to mention if their sales don't REALLY pick up soon, things aren't looking too good for them as they'll end up being the bottom feeder this time around with not much in the way of good first party properties. DVD playback was always a gimmick to me for a console as I already have dedicated players and I currently have no intention of bothering with either Blu-Ray or HD DVD in the forseeable future.

Wii. Best price. Best console style games ATM, plus a fair amount of extras, and some interesting new development in the area of mod-chipping and homebrew.

Oblivion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.