Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What should I expect to do?

Will my flashcart work out of the package? Do I need to do anything in particular to make it work? Will updating to play RE DS make it not work?

I've done some research...apparently you need a DS to make your Supercard DS2 work...that's not a problem if it's true.

Just want to know what I'm getting into...I have a Cyclo DS right now and that doesn't work on Supercard DS2...will I be able to transfer over the roms/saves from that onto my DS2?

Thanks a lot for the help.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
lol this one?
RE DS = Resident Evil: Deadly Silence.
wink2.gif

120px-NTR-ABHE-USA.jpg

Generation 16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will be able to transfer files from the Cyclo DS to the DS2, all it takes is 2 micro SD readers and 2 micro SD cards.
As for the DS2 working on the 3DS, put this file on the root of your SD card, along with the DSTWO's latest firmware, then put the DS2 in your DS Phat/Lite, it will update so it can work on the 3DS's latest firmware.
Warning: do not stop the update after it starts! Doing so could brink your flashcart!

You should also be fine play any 3DS game.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Generation 16 said:
You will be able to transfer files from the Cyclo DS to the DS2, all it takes is 2 micro SD readers and 2 micro SD cards.

What the hell are you talking about?!!

Either 1. just install the dstwo firmware on your current (used in cycloDS) microSD card, or 2. using one reader, copy the contents of the card to your computer, swap the microsd card, copy the files from your computer to your microsd card.

... two microSD readers
rolleyes.gif

Generation 16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
Generation 16 said:

I guess that sounded a little vague. He asked if he could transfer roms/saves between the two flashcarts.
To do that, you would generally need different micro SD readers, and 2 micro SD cards.
Or you could just use 1 micro SD card for multiple flashcarts.

Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably just transfer the files to my computer, put it back in the SCDS2, and then after the firmware and everything transfer them over again...sounds like that should work.

And I definitely need another DS/DS lite to update the SCDS2? Sounds like a plan...

And it works with any firmware the 3DS may have? That's good, I know that I could never update my PSP...thank you both for you help!!!

I really appreciate it.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bobwayne17 said:
I'll probably just transfer the files to my computer, put it back in the SCDS2, and then after the firmware and everything transfer them over again...sounds like that should work.

And I definitely need another DS/DS lite to update the SCDS2? Sounds like a plan...

And it works with any firmware the 3DS may have? That's good, I know that I could never update my PSP...thank you both for you help!!!

I really appreciate it.
No, Nintendo will most likely block it with every 3DS update, but the SCDS2 team seams fairly fast at releasing updates for the card that bypass new updates

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Generation 16 said:
spinal_cord said:
Generation 16 said:

I guess that sounded a little vague. He asked if he could transfer roms/saves between the two flashcarts.
To do that, you would generally need different micro SD readers, and 2 micro SD cards.
Or you could just use 1 micro SD card for multiple flashcarts.
Having different SD readers is kinda pointless.

Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Pip...I didn't think I sounded like a girl X_x.

Anyway, yeah, this is going to be pretty awesome once the DSTwo comes in the mail. I'm pretty hyped for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there