Hacking I'm fully upgraded to arm9loaderhax, can i still boot gateway mode?

p64imp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a gateway card that i want to use still. Any way to boot gateway mode once i have
arm9loaderhax cfw installed?

i tried the 3dsx file, and the web url. neither work anymore.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install menuhax and rename gw.3dsx to boot.3dsx and place on root of mSD/SD. Set menuhax to boot as Type1. I chose to use trigger keys as L+Dpad down on boot to launch gateway mode. I use AuReiNand 3.14 CFW.

p64imp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cia wont work, i'm on 10.7 via this guide:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-AuReiNAND)

changing boot.3dsx doesn't work for me either, as that guide installs HBL, which no longer works when i re-name boot.3dsx (i believe the CIA installed must be pointing to this file?) And HBL is how i open menu hax. Any other way i can do this? anyone familiar with that tut to know what state my 3ds is currently in so i can get boot to hit gateway, even though i'm in 10.7?

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can either move your 10.7 back to emuNAND and restore/downgrade your sysNAND to 9.2, or just don't bother and hope that Gateway supports A9LH natively one day.

For now, there is no way to boot Gateway on a firmware higher than 9.2.

p64imp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i'm not ready to toss 4 hours of active work updating my sysNand to CFW in the garbage just to get gateway mode to boot. So if i was able to get the system to boot to boot.3dsx, would that work, or will it still be technically on sysnand 10.7 and still not load for me?

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i'm not ready to toss 4 hours of active work updating my sysNand to CFW in the garbage just to get gateway mode to boot. So if i was able to get the system to boot to boot.3dsx, would that work, or will it still be technically on sysnand 10.7 and still not load for me?

You can always backup your sysnand in the state it currently is, flash back your sysnand you took a backup of before you did everything.

Then hopefully soon GW will release a arm9loader plugin, at that point you can flash back to your A9L NAND and use the gateway with it.

a9lhax boot time is amazingly quick, but coupling it with gateway without a plugin is sort of a kluge at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill