Hacking I'm Considering getting a 3DS but I've got questions

gettogaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so lately my ds has just been sitting in the corner doing absolutley nothing. I've highly been considering selling it on ebay but now I kinda want to update to a 3ds. The 3ds recently dropped in price so I can get it brand new for a pretty good price.

1) I know that there's no way to get 3ds games on a flash cart yet (Or at least I don't think there is) but I was wondering whether it could run the acekard 2i and play nds games.

2) If I bought it brand new, from ebay would I have to worry about the firmware being to highly upgraded or anything like that?

Sorry if this is common knowledge around here, I've really been out of ds stuff completley for the last few months.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
1) Just apply the latest update to the Acekard2i from the website (actual bootloader update) to prep it for the latest 3DS firmware, and you should be good to go. Remember to never update your 3DS before updating the Acekard2i.

2)If you bought it brand new from eBay now? Just update your Acekard2i and it will be fine anyways. Brand new, it will probably still have 1.0 system firmware, or at highest, 2.3 or whatever the current firmware is.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, there's lots of good games comming out in the next couple of months, so now is a pretty good time to get your 3DS, however, maybe you could wait until the christmas deals start (end of november usually), you usually save money or get some sort of extras (free game or whatever they bundle)... Other then that, I don't see a reason not to buy it, just be careful with the updates. =3

gettogaara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry it took me so long to respond, I still don't have a 3ds though cause I'm still unsure.

1) Just apply the latest update to the Acekard2i from the website (actual bootloader update) to prep it for the latest 3DS firmware, and you should be good to go. Remember to never update your 3DS before updating the Acekard2i.

2)If you bought it brand new from eBay now? Just update your Acekard2i and it will be fine anyways. Brand new, it will probably still have 1.0 system firmware, or at highest, 2.3 or whatever the current firmware is.

Sounds like it should be simple enough.

I am going to say wait. But if you don't mind the Slide pad addition, get the 3DS now.

Is the slide pad addition actually neccesary for the 3ds games?

Well, there's lots of good games comming out in the next couple of months, so now is a pretty good time to get your 3DS, however, maybe you could wait until the christmas deals start (end of november usually), you usually save money or get some sort of extras (free game or whatever they bundle)... Other then that, I don't see a reason not to buy it, just be careful with the updates. =3

Yeah, I'm considering asking for it as a christmas present.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2