Viva La Pizza
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm confused....
Pandora Battery's can unbrick any psp yet when using a Pandora's Battery to install Custom Firmware it is recommended to dump the nand in case of a brick during installation, it is then said this dump is made to unbrick the psp because without it your psp is an unrecoverable brick.
Why is the Pandora Battery claimed to be able to recover any psp when you need a nand dump to recover some of them?

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NAND dump is a copy of the information stored on your PSP's onboard memory, which contains the firmware information, and system keys. The NAND is used to restore a brick mainly as a last resort (if the keys have been modified and a fresh firmware installation doesn't work). The whole Pandora's battery can restore ANY bricked PSP is a bit of an overexaggeration, but its better than saying "THE PANDORA'S BATTERY WILL FIX YOUR PSP UNLESS IT HAS PHYSICAL HARDWARE FAILURES, YOU HAVE MESSED UP YOUR SYSTEM KEYS, HAVE TAMPERED WITH YOUR IDSTORAGE IN YOUR FLASH, etc etc." Generally, the problems that most people have with their PSP's "bricking" are within fixable range without a NAND dump.

.::5pYd3r::.

Viva La Pizza
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aaah, thanks for clearing that up for me
happy.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In fact, I intentionally messed with my IDStorage keys in order to get remote play working with my PS3. But when I bricked it, Pandora's battery unbricked it no problem.

The chance of getting unrecoverable brick is quite rare, because most people wouldn't need to touch NAND flash at all.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't remember the exact version, but some 2.xx firmware and above support remote play.

I got mine downgraded to 1.5 and then updated to CFW like dozen times, and during the process my IDStorage got messed up (I think it was because of the not-so-perfect downgrader at the time).
I had to manually fix it because I tried buncha IDStorage fixing programs but none of them could figure out how to fix it automatically.

It all works so I don't think I should be really concerned about my IDStorage anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night