I'm confused, when it says...

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by DarthYoshi, Sep 21, 2007.

Sep 21, 2007
  1. DarthYoshi
    OP

Member DarthYoshi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When you go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_s...evice#G6DS_Real, if you scroll down to the G6DS Real part, it says "It is also one of the few Slot 1 cards with inbuilt memory which does require a Slot 2 linker in order to transfer games." It just seems confusing and I don't understand it. Maybe I'm just new so I don't get it. Can someone explain it for me?

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I'm guessing it's a mistake and it's suppose to be "does not require a slot 2 linker". I think the only other slot one cards on the market with inbuilt memory are the ncard & clones , at the moment they have a card that goes into slot two , which you use to write to the slot one card , where the G6 has a usb cradle type thing that you plug the card into.

3. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Cards like N-Card used a slot2 card with an USB port on it to transfer the roms on it.
    G6 however has an usb device in which you plug the card itself in.
    I guess they forgot to add n't after does...

-damn sec. to late. [​IMG]

4. Bridgy84

Member Bridgy84 Yub Nub

United States
    What they are talking about is the linker used between the computer and the card. It is something most slot 2 flash cards use to transfer games. It is rare for a slot 1 card to have this because most use usb to the card or flash memory. I think that should cover it.

5. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    i think it talks about a EZ 3-1 that has capacity for one game and a slot-1 device will transfer the game to it and then it will run from that slot-2.

6. DarthYoshi
    OP

Member DarthYoshi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ah, alright, so it was a typo, that's what I figured. Thanks for all of your help! I keep asking questions and I think that's the last one that sealed the deal. I think I'm gonna buy one now. Thanks again!

7. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    lols no it doesn't >_>