I'm confused, mem cards and firmware?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Zoobz, Dec 16, 2008.

Dec 16, 2008
  1. Zoobz
    OP

Newcomer Zoobz Newbie

Australia
    So sorry if this has been asked a hundred times or is in the wrong place but I have tried looking and am just plain lost. As you can tell I am very new to all of this so the answer to my question may seem obvious to you but to me..... HELP!

If I buy the itouchDS, is the firmware stored on the cart or the micro SDHC? Do I have to buy the micro SDHC with the cart to get it compatible or can I buy the micro SDHC seperate from a different store? I don't like the price or know the brand of the micro SDHC being sold where I want to buy the itouch.

Also can someone point me to directions for updating the firmware or whatever I have to do once I recieve these.

Thanks from a total noob. All help appreciated.

2. Synchromatic

Member Synchromatic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Everything is stored on the MicroSD card, including the firmware. You don't need to buy the MicroSD card with the flashcart, you can get it from a different store. Any card will most likely work, but there are some that are faster than others.

GBAtemp posts when the newest firmware update arrives. Though it might be different on the iTouchDS, you generally just drag and drop the new firmware files on your card, replacing the old ones.

3. AXYPB

Member AXYPB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    As far as the MicroSDHC cards go, A-DATA and Transcend are popular, inexpensive brands, especially in online stores.

4. Zoobz
    OP

Newcomer Zoobz Newbie

Australia
    Thanks! Yes, Transcend is the brand card they are offering me for $12 more than I can buy a San Disk for and I haven't heard of Transcend before. How do the two compare?