Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
XBox 360s are damn good consoles!

I sure wish I had one...but they have a warranty of 3 years, right?
unsure.gif

Do you plan on modding it? Getting XBox Live?

I suggest you get these games: Halo 2 & 3, BioShock, Guitar Hero (I think II), Gears of War, and a GTA 3.

I hope you enjoy your 360.

toot.gif

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get the 360, tons of games...it's worth the RROD. I'd rather have a console that I play break on me then pay for a console that just sits there because no one will develop any good games for it :cough: wii :cough:
smile.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Nice! Don't listen to all these haters the 360 is excellent. I'm not even going to go into why it is, it's pretty obvious. Sure it's had a few probs with the hardware but it doesn't hit everyone. The games are the best ever and this year and next the 360 will still dominate.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nice! Don't listen to all these haters the 360 is excellent. I'm not even going to go into why it is, it's pretty obvious. Sure it's had a few probs with the hardware but it doesn't hit everyone. The games are the best ever and this year and next the 360 will still dominate.

The hardware problems might not hit everyone, but it's not a risk I'd be willing to take
smile.gif

Hmmm... 45% failure rate of the 360... or the 0.2% failure rate with the PS3... That was an easy decision for me
smile.gif
I don't care for the 'game library', all I want is GH3 and Rock Band, and it's for both
tongue.gif
Done deal.
biggrin.gif

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a 360.

I have Wii for almost a year now. Played through Zelda, nearly completed RE4, started metroid, held a couple of grogfests with WarioWare, but that`s it. Wii has endless potential, but developers hesitate to use it. Maybe next year or a year after that...

I have finally decided to get myself a 360 couple weeks ago and loving it. Xbox feels like a gaming console and not a hype-driven over-innovative rushed-out toy.

I love Wii, [hopefully] next year it will finally shine and live up to all expectations, but if you want a console right now, get an xbox.

RROD is scary, but you can fix it yourself pretty cheap, so if trouble arises and you don`t have warranty (modded console), you`re not stuck with 500$ brick.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Nice!  Don't listen to all these haters the 360 is excellent.  I'm not even going to go into why it is, it's pretty obvious.  Sure it's had a few probs with the hardware but it doesn't hit everyone.  The games are the best ever and this year and next the 360 will still dominate.

The hardware problems might not hit everyone, but it's not a risk I'd be willing to take
smile.gif

Hmmm... 45% failure rate of the 360... or the 0.2% failure rate with the PS3... That was an easy decision for me
smile.gif
I don't care for the 'game library', all I want is GH3 and Rock Band, and it's for both
tongue.gif
Done deal.
biggrin.gif

45%!? I read 33%.. even that is unacceptable, but like I said it doesn't hit everyone. Personally I've never had a problem with my launch day machine and I use it a LOT! The latest models are supposedly fixed of all these defects.
I don't hate the P$3 at all..it's the first console I haven't bought at launch simply because I thought it was too expensive. I'm still glad I don't own one as there's nothing excecpt Heavenly Sword, MGS4 and Haze I'd want to play on it, and even those don't look spectacluar, bar MGS4. Everything else is available on 360 and 99% of the time, run AND look better. I know this won't be the case forever, but atm, it is!
Don't get me wrong, I like PS3 and will eventually get one, either when they become a bit cheaper, or when they get a decent bunch of games. I will most likely pick one up when FFXIII comes out, providing it isn't announced for 360 that is. You may laugh at that statement, but recently there have been talks, or rumors (what ever you prefer), about such a thing happening as Toriyama and Nomura are worried about sales due to the PS3 install base!

RROD is scary, but you can fix it yourself pretty cheap, so if trouble arises and you don`t have warranty (modded console), you`re not stuck with 500$ brick.

Unfortunately that wouldn't work for me, because for some reason everything I touch gets magically modded
tongue.gif

Well providing you remove the warranty sticker with a hair dryer, i.e don't make it look obvious you have opened the console, you can flash back your original firmware and send it off for repair!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol