Gaming I'm awesome at Wii Sports Boxing

maduin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is just kind of a sample first video and not really a perfect match, my next one will show what my hands are doing at the bottom of the screen and how to pull off my crazy combos with ease and grace.

C

CasperH

maduin said:
This is just kind of a sample first video and not really a perfect match, my next one will show what my hands are doing at the bottom of the screen and how to pull off my crazy combos with ease and grace.
How do you do that?
ohmy.gif

Í always taught the boxing controlls were faulthy... Maybe i am just bad
hate2.gif

maduin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CasperH said:
How do you do that?
ohmy.gif

hate2.gif

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that 90% of Wii owners have no idea how to box properly, once I get my DV camera back, I'll make a video tutorial on how to play Wii Sports Boxing.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
maduin said:
CasperH said:
How do you do that?
ohmy.gif

hate2.gif

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that 90% of Wii owners have no idea how to box properly, once I get my DV camera back, I'll make a video tutorial on how to play Wii Sports Boxing.

Nice, I'm really looking forward to that!
After seeing that movie, I just can't resist it
tongue.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol its nice to see that this game wasn't all just randoms swings and hoping to win kind of game. I might play with my girl sometime after I learn off you. It'll surprise her how I suddenly got good since she beat me often at it.
frown.gif

maduin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the comments everyone, I'm glad you all enjoyed the video. I just got my camera back, but my buddy forgot to bring back my tripod, so it'll be a couple of days before I get around to making another video. I'm sure you'll all be surprised at how easy it is to play this game. The trick is to not play how the instructions in the booklet and the game tell you to play, you shouldn't actually punch and move your body around, it's all in the wrist.

Tilting and flicking your wrists is the optimal way to have total control over your boxer and knowing that your boxer will follow his gloves and that you control the gloves. Knowing the timing of your punches, when you can punch and when you should punch. Kind of like the Mega Man games, in each game, you can only have two shots on screen at once, no matter how fast you press the button, same in Wii Sports boxing, you can only do a certain amount of punches within a certain time frame where the game will allow you to punch. Once you learn that, you can build a good rhythm of dodging, blocking and attacking (just like real boxing!).

Those are the basics, but I believe in the school of teaching that says that it's easier to learn by showing and watching and doing, rather than telling and reading and writing.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean you can actually do real boxing in that atrocity and it's fun?! I really wanted to like it, but I just figured it was glitchy as a freebie or you had to hold the thing in some exact form where you move to an exact degree or it just failed. Maybe there is hope.

That's sad to think the in game and print manuals are that bad and Nintendo never bothered to fix that.

Even if you do get your hands on screen try and describe the stuff in simple 1 line texts or whatever as it would do heaps too for many.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, nice skillz!

Anakir said:
lol its nice to see that this game wasn't all just randoms swings and hoping to win kind of game. I might play with my girl sometime after I learn off you. It'll surprise her how I suddenly got good since she beat me often at it.
frown.gif
Haha same here
happy.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
Wow, nice skillz!

Anakir said:
frown.gif
Haha same here
happy.gif

Haha you guys got beaten by girls
smileipb2.png

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I've never understood all the bad rep Wii Boxing has had. When I got my Wii at launch I loved boxing from day one. It has technique, not just mindlessly flail your arms like a spasm. You have to dodge look for an opening and iniciate an attack. And yeah small gestures work better for too. It's the only way to throw good uppers and jabs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)