Hacking I'm at my wits end. N3DSXL

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Initialize the savedata for the browser, go to your sd and delete "webkit.tmp" from the root of it and then try again, I've had similar issues with other 3ds' I've a9lh'd. Worth a shot.

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Card updates don't update your browser.

Use one of the following alternate entrypoints to get into the homebrew launcher:
  • smashbroshax (requires Super Smash Bros (if it is a cart, it must have "Nintendo Network" instead of "amiibo" on the cover, otherwise it is a reprint with an updated game version) and only works on New 3DS)
  • supermysterychunkhax (requires Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and another 3DS which has the Homebrew Launcher)
  • freakyhax (requires Freakyforms Deluxe)
  • basehaxx (requires Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire ver 1.0/1.4 with the ability to have a secret base and another 3DS which has the Homebrew Launcher)
  • BASICSploit (requires SmileBASIC USA v3.2.1)
  • smilehax (requires SmileBASIC USA or JPN v3.3.1)
  • stickerhax (requires Paper Mario: Sticker Star and another 3DS which has the Homebrew Launcher)
  • Ninjhax (requires Cubic Ninja)
  • oot3dhax (requires Ocarina of Time 3D and either a powersaves or another 3DS which has the Homebrew Launcher)
    Copied this from Plailect guide.

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, that sucks yo. Did you change the date 1/1/2000 and time to midnight? Not sure if that will help, but again, worth a shot. Just read your edit up top... Browserhax is so frustrating sometimes.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I found this to be the best:

The time/date as described (You already have it).
Shutdown 3DS. Power up after a few secs.
Open the browser and click the wrench, scroll down to "Clear Save Data" and click it. You'll be back at Home Menu.
Click L+R to open Camera, and click the chequered icon.
Read the QR Code. It'll ask you if you want to open it in the browser, Say Yes.
When the Browser opens, you'll have to make initial settings and after it will automatically opens the smealum site (launch Homebrew Menu).

Usually, I have 8/10 success launch.

Reactions: MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i did change date and time from the start too. Got stuck at the entry point. feelsbadman

Dang, sorry man. If you can't get it to go, sounds like you need a game to run some sort of hax. I guess maybe see if what cravas said works. I have noticed if I wait like a couple hours and try again if browserhax ain't workin, it does work a bit more often.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you do have the homebrew launcher files on your SD right?

PS just for the record 9.9 doesn't have a dummy browser by default, its just if you update to 9.9+ via retail card it dummys the browser until you perform a update online

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: MajinCubyan

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can't embed from Imgur. Try just pasting the image into the reply box or using the image URL button in the options above it.
5htHFnX.png

You can embed from imgur just fine.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks for this but it didn't work as well. Damn orange every single time. Tried a bunch of cycles on this too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's the thing i don't get it. A dummy browser will be completely different than what i have now. I can go youtube, google, etc.
no, what i am saying is that system must have been updated to 9.9 online when 9.9 was the latest FW or came on 9.9 from the factory, and as such has the broswer already setup, if you were on lower than 9.9 and used a newish game like triforce heroes to update your system to 9.9+, once you update it will delete your old browser and install a dummy browser, before 9.9 on cart updates used to just leave the browser alone

if your still struggling to understand.....basically having the browser on 9.9 is not impossible

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hmm actually i see what you mean he recommends updating via cart to 9.0-10.7, but updating via cart to 9.9 or higher afaik dummies the browser.....unless they chickened out of the browser dummying and they only did it on 9.9 games.....which seems a bit odd......i guess i might have a test later, but i assume he would have done his own tests before specifically saying only 9.9 had the dummy browser

EDIT:- according to 3Dbrew its any 9.9+ FW, which would make sense, the browser dummying was done as a extra step to make would be hackers lives more complicated, no point making a move then immediately not doing it any more
v9.9+ dummy web-browser
Gamecards v9.9 and above include, with their sysupdate, a dummy Old3DS/New3DS web-browser. The *only* thing this title does is display the same message listed in the above forced-update section. The message files in RomFS *only* contain that message string above. There are no "http" strings in the main codebin, and RO isn't used either(no CRO data in RomFS at all). Both browsers are internally called "dummySpider".

Hence, if you update your system with any v9.9 or above gamecard, the system web-browser will be rendered *completely* useless until you install a system-update from CDN(no network requests involved here).
but again i will verify this later i guess

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: