I'm an angry lad. Help me

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just realized that this thread actually is a step. You're basic goal is to listen to yourself, to not to get annoyed over everything. Once you do, take a deep breath and tell yourself that you don't want to be that type of person, and know that you want to change and made this thread as a huge step helping you.

Reactions: Black-Ice

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Billy Joel said:
And there's always a place for the angry young man
With his fist in the air and his head in the sand
He's never been able to learn from mistakes
He can't understand why his heart always breaks
His honor is pure, and his courage as well
He's fair and he's true, and he's boring as hell
And he'll go to his grave as an angry old man.

If you fit the bill of a Billy Joel song, you're probably in trouble.

Recognizing the problem is a good first step. After that? Well, try to keep some perspective in any discussion. If something upsets you and you write an angry, impassioned response, take a breath before you post it. Pace around the room again and reread what you've read, out loud if you have to. Ask yourself, "Is topic x really worth all the commotion?"

If you think, "No," then delete it or revise it into something more appropriate. If you think, "Yes," then repeat the process until the answer is "No."

You may not actually find "inner peace" (though, come on, does anyone, really?), but it'll sure look like it.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at yourself in a mirror, and ask yourself what you can do to be happier. No, the answer here is not to masturbate. :D Even if it takes an hour. Just stare at your reflection and reflect on what you can and can't do to change. Not everyone is going to like you, but you can certainly do things to change yourself and "be at peace."

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

:teach:

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Once you notice you're annoyed, stop for a second and ask yourself why you're annoyed, what caused you to get annoyed, who did it? Then ask yourself, "how can I change that? Could I prevent it? Can I still prevent it?".

Listening to mindfulness meditation stuff is not for me, I get restless and can't concentrate.. If you can, I think it might help. If not... well, atleast you've tried.

Other things I do is listening to music that makes me happy. Silly songs, happy songs... Not angry hard core screaming stuff, even if I love that shit, cause it won't make me happier (well, actually it does sometimes.. but whatever).
I read happy things, novels, webcomics, watching kitten-gifs... Basically, happy stuff.

This might not be your cup of tea, normally it isn't mine either... But this song makes me so happy, makes me dance, makes me bounce up and down and smile.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
tumblr_m9czzqP0J71qiiqedo3_500.gif

All jokes aside, I've never really found much inner peace. I just tend to listen to music and play violent video games to vent.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Play L4D and kill thousands of zombies. That's anger release xD

Or listen to Electronica. <3 That puts me at peace- trance and house. <3

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh, and if happy songs isn't helping... This is my alltime favourite song. It always calms me down... sometimes brings me to tears. I think it's beautiful. brings hope. and destruction. but mostly healing hope.

Red_Savarin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My old way to unwind was playing Vice City fly to a tall building and grab my mini gun and start shooting people or sniping the cops bellow and blowing tanks and helicopters...

Now i just don't care... takes a lot to put me angry...

My advice just take a moment breathe in and hold like one second or two and just release...

this song for me almost puts me to sleep on public transportation try listening to relaxing music helps a lot too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Now GBAtemp is recommending me THC pharmaceuticals.