Homebrew Question I'm already banned, is there any reason I should be using 90dns?

Dichotomy754

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically as the title says. I resigned myself to a ban the second I decided to mod my switch. I don't really play online games so I really didn't care. I only took minimal precautions and got banned in about a week. Now I'm wondering if there is any reason I should stop Nintendo from seeing my activity.

I do like the news feed and game time tracking so if the dns messes with that stuff (does it?) I'm gonna need a good reason to use it.

PS.
Hello all, this is my first thread. Been following things for a few months now though, just finally decided to get an account. Thank's to all the developers and everyone who've already helped me through this whole process, even if only by proxy.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. The point of 90dns is to block nintendo telemetry. If you're banned already, you pretty much don't have to worry.

I don’t really see any reason why you would need to enable 90dns. As you said your console was already banned, so it wouldn’t do much.

I disagree. 90DNS will also block Nintendo update servers.

Even though the Tegra exploit is a hardware exploit, we don’t know what Nintendo plans to do to block, delete, or prevent homebrew content itself.

Blindly allowing updates would be unwise, so there’s no good reason to remove 90DNS.

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I disagree. 90DNS will also block Nintendo update servers.

Even though the Tegra exploit is a hardware exploit, we don’t know what Nintendo plans to do to block, delete, or prevent homebrew content itself.

Blindly allowing updates would be unwise, so there’s no good reason to remove 90DNS.

I was assuming he was superbanned; if you're just banned regularly, then yes, still use 90dns.

Reactions: Dichotomy754

Dichotomy754

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See this was why I ask these types of questions. I didn't even know there was a difference. I prefer to be on the latest firmware, feels like I'm getting the most that way. Generally I don't update until other people have confirmed it working. but that nag is hella annoying. What would a super ban stop me from doing?

Last edited by Dichotomy754,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
See this was why I asked I didn't even know there was a difference. I generally don't update until other people have confirmed it working. but that nag is hella annoying. What would a super ban stop me from doing?
Updating system updating games accessing the eshop and playing online.

Dichotomy754

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been able to update the system but not games. Im trying to set it up now, but when i try to put in the secondary it wants to force it to 15 numbers, forcing the input to "045.248.48.062" which is not what the instructions say. Am I being an idiot here?

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been able to update the system but not games. Im trying to set it up now, but when i try to put in the secondary it wants to force it to 15 numbers, forcing the input to "045.248.48.062" which is not what the instructions say. Am I being an idiot here?
The secondary doesn’t matter as much as the first. I would guess that that would be fine for the secondary, though. Just make sure that once it is set up, the Eshop no longer works (fails with a error code)

Reactions: Dichotomy754

Dichotomy754

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The secondary doesn’t matter as much as the first. I would guess that that would be fine for the secondary, though. Just make sure that once it is set up, the Eshop no longer works (fails with a error code)

Thanks, i haven't been able to use the Eshop for a while now :P but yeah, it definitely gives me a different error now. Much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...