im almost there w/ updating clone please help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by slickric33, Nov 14, 2007.

Nov 14, 2007
  1. slickric33
    OP

Member slickric33 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i made boot disk us made 1.2 setup and 1.9g, clone wont dead any setups cause im at 3.1 wii, i put in boot disk and a MENU
    CAME UP WOWOWOWOWOW. NOW 2 choices boot dvd or credits, i hit reset fast and it does not boot dvd just restarts hit a.
    When i hit reset slow to toggle to credits it did same thing so 1 do i need gamecube comtroller to do this and 2 since i can see
    screen and dvd boot loads does this mean i can update clone

thanks

2. burnsams

Newcomer burnsams Advanced Member

Shit, that was painful to read. And I´m from Brasil...

3. pnut

Member pnut GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, please edit it so it is legible by Americans as well so we can assist you.

4. slickric33
    OP

United States
    Serious guys ,6yrs college but my typing sucks, sorry. Ok lets try this again
    1 updated wii to 3.1 (1st mistake i think)
    2 tried 1.9g and it said connection error
    3 tried 1.9b and same error
    4 tried 1.2 setup and it wont read disk
    5 read about boot disk being used then swapping to wiikey setup 1.2
    6 burned both, put in boot disk and it says boot dvd or credits . I hit reset button to boot dvd but it reset
    so im guessing i need a gamecube controller is this right and what exactly do i do if i can boot dvd then i swap
    and put in the 1.2 setup. What do i setup to make the 1.9g update work

lastly , can this attempt screw up the clone so what i have wont play thanks

5. slickric33
    OP

United States
    im at my wits end, 1 I put in boot disk then setup 1.2 when it told me to replace disk
    2 I went into configuration and changed region free to on (is that all you do). If this is a clone , how do i get the 1.2
    setup on the clone. All i see is to change region free to on.
    3 I then rebooted and used boot disk again and put in 1.9g disk and of course i still get error check connection.

note, when i next tried boot disk and 1.2 again region free was back on off so i pulled the dvd. then changed to on , then saved
    and still nothing w/1.9g. Did it a third time and again region was defalted to off. What exactly am i not doing right here. The wii is reading the bootdisk and setup 1.2 and 1.3 with bootdisk but how exactly do you set it up

1. Download BOOT Disc: http://www.mediafire.com/?2j3yjks3xz2
    2. Also download the Config Disc 1.2 for WiiKey: http://www.wiikey.cn/dl/config.1.2.rar
    3. Burn these Discs on a DVD-R/+R with 4x speed and start the BOOT Disc in your Wii, it will recognise as a GC Disc.
    4. Once started, pick for the following option -> Boot DVD.
    5. When asked eject the disc, and insert the official 1.2 Config Disc.
    6. Pick the file: xxxxx.DOL
    7. The disc will start, and you can configurate your WiiKey! Put Region Over... on Yes
    8. Save settings, and done!

This is what i did and again step 8 does not save region free. Is this all that has to be done to update to 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.9g because i read all wii 3.1's cant read a config disk before 1.3 . I thought the boot disk would bypass this

please help

6. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    When you get to the menu with the boot disc, swap the disc for an untouched config disc, give it 10-20 seconds or so to spin up, then hit the reset key.

Otherwise you must have a pre-boot disc made for use with a GC controller, you should still swap discs though at the menu.

For a way round without a gamecube controller see this thread from this forum, post #161 -> http://psx-scene.com/forums/wiikey/59732-w...released-7.html

Obviously adjust the instructions for your region wii.

7. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    There is no reason to run the 1.2 setup disc. You are wasting your time trying to do so.

If you can run the 1.9g update disc and 1.3 setup disc you don't need anything else.

If you are getting a 'connection error' during the 1.9g update the most likely causes are your chip is not really a WiiKey/WiiKey clone, you have a bad install, you have the 1.9g burned incorrectly or on poor media.

The setup discs will always say your chip is at default settings, even after you change them.

Are you sure you have a WiiKey clone or did you have someone else install the chip? Can you post a picture of your chip?

8. slickric33
    OP

United States
    i had pre modded wii w/ wiikey from dr modchip . Of course he is out of business so i'm screwed but i read that if i'm at 3.1wii
    it cant read a clone post 1.3 is that true . i tried the boot disk then 1.9g and still no dice. maxell burned 6x. Any help before i buy a wiikey and have someone resolder (i dont really want to do this)

9. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    Tip #1 - Try posting in a single thread instead of reposting your problem several times a day.
    Tip #2 - Quit rambling and answer the questions people ask.

Are you sure it is a WiiKey or WiiKey clone? Have you seen the chip inside your Wii? Can you identify it or take a picture? Until you know what chip you are really dealing with this is pointless.

10. slickric33
    OP

United States
    What dont you understand about the fact that i would rather flash the chip by all means possible before opening up the
    wii. I dont solder, its obviously a clone, and im trying to figuure out how to update it . As for rambling , not exactly , just giving you the facts. So ill make it clear, has anyone upgraded a wiikey clone at wii 3.1ntsc usa, first getting the connection error after trying to flash, then having it not read config disks, then reading config disk when 1st using bootdisk but the region free change to on does not stay defalted on, and finally afterthat , the 1.9g update still fails after using bootdisk to launch it

thanks

11. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    [​IMG]

Where are you located? I'll fix it for free.

There is no magic disc that will fix your problem. Either you were fooled into buying a non-updatable chip and told it was a WiiKey (this is most likely) or the chip needs to be replaced/installed correctly.

Once again, the WiiKey setup discs always display default values no matter what you set them to.

12. slickric33
    OP

United States
  13. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    what's that in English for those that don't understand? I reckon you ought to get your installation checked by someone who knows what they're doing, you clearly don't. As has ALREADY been said, it's either a botch job or another chip if you're gettng connection problems.

Someone's tried to help you but you ARE rambling on, because I don't think anyone understood your first post, and further posts are only just coherent.

Why you keep using the config disc I don't know, it doesn't prove that you have a wiikey. It will load, and correct me if I'm wrong, on any modded Wii. Everytime you insert the disc, the wiikey (if you have one) will reset to the default values of region free being turned off, so stop loading it as it only gets you back to square one.

14. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Tampa, Florida I think he means.

EDIT: NO! The Wiikey config disc does not reset your wiikey, it just show default values, it NEVER show the once you have on the chip. The chip is one way only, its not possible to read from it. Thats the point of it being in stealthmod!