Homebrew I'm about to Homebrew my 3DS, anyway to make sure it stays that way?

Xamrin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To hardmod you need to sorta disassemble your 3DS. If you disassembled it, the problem might be a faulty flax cable connection.
Do you mean I need to install a hardmod or am I just trying to fix a cable?
I really don't want to do any soldering.

Xamrin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You removed your back plate? That could only be the answer to this issue if you have.
What do you mean by back plate?
I took off the cover to gain access to the microSD slot. (The same place as the battery)
I didn't disassemble any further than that.

5Dckh2h.png

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What do you mean by back plate?
I took off the cover to gain access to the microSD slot. (The same place as the battery)
I didn't disassemble any further than that.

5Dckh2h.png
Then faulty flax cable connection isn't your issue.

Xamrin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think that should assume that yet because he said that their is a blue light that instantly shuts off meaning his that it cant read the a9lh.bin which means proably bad sd card.
I've also tried to boot without an SD card at all. Same problem.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dont think that should assume that yet because he said that their is a blue light that instantly shuts off meaning his that it cant read the a9lh.bin which means proably bad sd card.
If someone tried to hardmod their 3DS, they would have to open it and when re-asembling it, the screen flex cable have the chance to not be connected correctly, meaning that the screen would turn on even if the console did. Imagine it the same as booting a console without some sort of HDMI cable connected.

Xamrin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone tried to hardmod their 3DS, they would have to open it and when re-asembling it, the screen flex cable have the chance to not be connected correctly, meaning that the screen would turn on even if the console did. Imagine it the same as booting a console without some sort of HDMI cable connected.
I never tried to hardmod it.

Xamrin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn't work. I think this thing is officially dead.

The exact problem is that when I press power the light fades in, stays on for less than a second, and then it fades out.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn't work. I think this thing is officially dead.

The exact problem is that when I press power the light fades in, stays on for less than a second, and then it fades out.
just wondering, Was your OTP on the SD card? That should be confirmation that the hack went through, but it either sounds like a full brick or files are missing on the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol